UNIVERSITY OF ESSEX
Colchester CO4 3SQ
+44 (0) 1206 873333
Our Academic Excellence International Masters Scholarship supports overseas students from specified countries who are funding their own studies at the University of Essex. We are offering a scholarship worth up to Â£4,000 if your grades in your first degree meet the required high academic standard. All eligible students who meet the required grades will be entitled to receive this award.
Awards will be made on the basis of grades obtained in your first degree, so all applications for relevant courses will automatically be considered. The scholarship is awarded as a partial tuition fee waiver and is available for students on postgraduate taught Masters courses (excluding MBA).
All our relevant course applications, received by the given deadline, will automatically be considered for this scholarship and a fee discount applied to all who meet our grade requirements.
|Country||Academic requirement||Scholarship award|
|India||NOOSR Tier 1 â€“ 60%, others â€“ 65%||Â£4,000|
- These scholarships are restricted to applicants who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded. They are not available to students who are fully or partly sponsored.
- These scholarships may be awarded to students who have completed relevant school or university studies in the specified countries and whose declared country of residence is that country.
- Students must have been awarded a first degree with the grade specified or above.
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA and MRes degrees.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot normally be held in conjunction with other University of Essex awards. This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters study only.
- These scholarships do not apply to deferred entry. Where a student, to whom a scholarship has been offered, requests deferred entry, the award will be considered again in line with the terms and conditions that apply in the new proposed year of entry.
How to Apply:
- These scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and all academic applications will automatically be considered.
- The University will use official transcripts and certificates, submitted as part of the original application, as evidence of grades achieved and no alternative supporting evidence will be accepted.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 30 September 2015, and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships. Applications submitted after that date may be considered depending on availability of funds.
- Successful applicants will be informed, in writing, by the end of October 2015 of any award to be offered.
For more details, visit: http://www.essex.ac.uk/studentfinance/pg/university_support/academic_excellence.aspx