The English and Foreign Languages University Hyderabad – 500 007 (formerly CIEFL)
(A Central University established by an Act of Parliament)
Website: www.efluniversity.ac.in. (040-27689447/040 27070046)
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
ADMISSION NOTICE – 2010-11
The following UG, PG and Research Programmes will be offered during 2010-11 at Hyderabad. Lucknow and Shillong Campuses. Entrance tests for admission will be held in various centres across the country.
- 3-yr BA (Hons.) in English, J&MC, Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Russian and Spanish, 1-year Intensive Advanced Diploma in Russian.
- B.Ed (English)
- 2-year MA in English, Arabic, French, Hindi
- PG Diploma in the Teaching of English, Arabic.
- M.Phil in English Language Education, Linguistics & Phonetics, English Literature, Arabic, French Studies, Francophone Studies, Russian.
- Ph.D. in English Language Education, Linguistics & Phonetics, English Literature, Cultural Studies, Film Studies, Commonwealth Literature, Translation Studies, Hindi, Arabic, French Studies, Francophone Studies, Russian.
- PG Certificate/ Diploma in the Teaching of English (Distance Mode) (no entrance test)
- MA English (Distance Mode) (no entrance test)
- MA Spanish (Distance Mode)
All reservations as per GOI/UGC rules. Application forms can be obtained from the Publications Unit, The EFL University, Hyderabad – 500 007, on payment of Rs. 520 (Rs. 260 for SC/ST Persons with Different Abilities on production of proof) in cash or in the form of a DD drawn in favour of “Registrar, EFL University” payable at Hyderabad. Write “Request for Application” on the envelope and specify Programme of Study. Application forms can also be downloaded from the University website. Separate application forms have to be submitted for each programme and for each Campus. Candidates applying for more than one programme may obtain additional forms by paying Rs. 70 for each form. Downloaded forms when submitted should be accompanied by DDs for the right amount. Forms are also available in the Lucknow and Shillong Campuses. Model test papers can be downloaded from the University website.
Dates of entrance tests: 28 to 30 May 2010. Dates of interviews for research programmes 28 June to 1 July 2010 at Hyderabad, Shillong and Lucknow Campuses. Oral examinations and interviews for research programmes in Arabic, French and Russian on 8th and 9th July 2010.
Not all programmes will be offered in all three Campuses. For full details, look up university website: www.efluniversity.ac.in
Fellowships to all research scholars and stipends & fee concessions to economically backward students are available. For details refer to the Prospectus.
Last date for receipt of filled in applications: 7 May 2010.
All India English Language Testing Authority (AIELTA)
All India English Language Testing Authority at EFL University will conduct an English Proficiency Test on 30 May 2010. This test can be taken by anyone who is above sixteen years of age. Handbook and Application Form can be obtained by sending a DD of Rs. 100 (in the name of the Registrar-EFL-U) and your full postal address. Test fee: Rs. 1500 (SC/ST – Rs. 750). The AIELTA Proficiency Test can be taken at any of the 27 centres where the EFL University Entrance Tests are going to be held on 30th May 2010.
For further details, contact the Coordinator AIELTA, The EFL University, Hyderabad – 500 007.
Phone: (040) 27689447 / 27070046