INDIAN COUNCIL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH
ICMR INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIPS (2013-14)
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) invites applications from Indian biomedical scientists for the international fellowships tor the year 2013-14.
Number of fellowships: Young Scientists -12; Senior Scientists – 6
Duration: 3-6 months for young scientists and 10-15 days for senior scientists
- M.D. / Ph.D. degree with at least three years teaching / research experience for young scientists and at least fifteen years for senior scientists.
- Regular position in a recognized biomedical / research / health institution in India.
- Below 45 years of age for young and 55 years for senior scientists.
- US$ 3000 per month, contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/- and return economy class air ticket (excursion airfare) for young scientists.
- US$ 200 per day (including USS 75 as per diem and US$ 125 is for accommodation expenses), contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/- and return economy class air ticket (excursion airfare) for senior scientists.
- The applicant should submit a letter of acceptance from the foreign Institute where he / she proposes to work along with a concrete plan of training / research work to be undertaken during the fellowship.
- Recommendation by the Head of the parent organization / institute is essential.
- Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- Decision of ICMR will be final.
- If selected, the fellowship is to be availed before 28th February, 2014.
Ten copies of the application should be submitted to:
International Health Division (IHD), Indian Council of Medical Research
V. Ramalingaswami Bhawan, Post Box No. 4911
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi -110029.
For details and format of application log on to ICMR website; http://www.icmr.nic.in
Last date of receipt of applications: 15th April, 2013.