Government of Karnataka
KARNATAKA EXAMINATIONS AUTHORITY
18th Cross, Sampige Road, Malleshwaram, Bangalore – 560 012
Tel: 080-23461575/23462599/23462758/23564583/23568201/23568202 Fax: 080-23461576
No. ED/KEA/Legal Cell/CR-57/2012-13 Date: 26-02-2013
ADMISSION TO PROFESSIONAL COURSES IN KARNATAKA FOR THE YEAR 2013-14
1. Applications are invited from eligible candidates of Karnataka including the wards of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants for registration to the “Common Entrance Test-2013” to Professional Courses detailed herein under for the seats to be notified by the Government in the Professional Educational Institutions in the state for the academic year 2013-14. CET-2013 examination for admission to Medical/Dental courses is subject to the directions that may be issued by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in Transferred Case (C) No. 101 of 2012 and other related matters pending before it.
2. Academic Eligibility
|Sl. No.||For Admission to 1st Year||Eligibility||Criteria for Determination of Merit / Rank|
|In Qualifying Examination, candidate should have||In CET- Examination|
|1||Medical / Dental (MBBS / BDS)||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std with English as one of the Languages and obtained a Minimum of 50% Marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects. (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3Aand 3B category candidates)||Minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in PCB Subjects (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3Aand 3B category candidates)||Only on the basis of marks obtained in PCB Subjects in CET.|
|2||Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy and Yoga (ISM & H)||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std with English as one of the Languages and obtained a Minimum of 50% Marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects. (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3Aand 3B category candidates)||No Minimum Marks prescribed in CET||By taking marks in equal proportions in QE and CET in PCB subjects.|
|3||Engineering / Technology (B.E. / B.Tech)||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std with English as one of the Languages and obtained a Minimum of 45% Marks in aggregate in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Bio- Technology/ Biology / Electronics / Computer. (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3Aand 3B category candidates)||No Minimum Marks prescribed in CET||By taking marks in equal proportions in Qualifying Examination and CET in PCM subjects.|
|4||Architecture (B.Arch)||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std with Mathematics as Compulsory optional subject and obtained a Minimum of 50% Marks in aggregate in all the subjects.
(45% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3Aand 3B category candidates)
|Minimum of 40% Marks in NATA for all categories of students including SC, ST and Other Backward Classes.||By taking marks obtained in all subjects in Qualifying Examination and NATAtaken in equal proportions.|
|5||B.Sc. (Agriculture), B.Sc. (Forestry), B.Sc. (Sericulture), B.Sc. (Agri.Biotech), B.Sc. (Horticulture), B.H.Sc., (Home Science)||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects.||No Minimum Marks prescribed in CET||By taking marks in equal proportions in Qualifying Examination and CET in PCB subjects.|
|6||Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. &A.H.)||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std. and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects. (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates)||No Minimum Marks prescribed in CET||Only on the basis of marks obtained in PCB in CET.|
|7||B.Tech. (Food Technology), B.Tech. (Dairy Technology), B.F.Sc (Bachelor of Fisheries Science) B.Tech. (Food Science &Tech.) and B.Sc. (Ag. Marketing and Co-operation)||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology as optional subjects.||No Minimum Marks prescribed in CET||By taking marks in equal proportions in Qualifying Examination and CET in PCMB subjects.|
|8||B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as optional subjects.||No Minimum Marks prescribed in CET||By taking marks in equal proportions in Qualifying Examination and CET in PCM subjects.|
(i) A candidate who had obtained a seat in any discipline through the KEA (CET Cell) in any of the previous years will not be eligible to appear for the Common Entrance Test-2013 for selection of a seat in the same discipline. However, candidates are eligible to appear for a seat in different discipline subject to his forfeiting the earlier seat allotted to him on being assigned a seat this year.
(ii) The minimum passing marks for all Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates shall be 12 out of 50 marks in Kannada Language Examination conducted by KEA(4th Standard level) in order to be considered for assignment of ranks and to become eligible for allotment of seats in CET-2013.
(iii) In the case of Agriculturist Quota, the merit list will be prepared based on 25% marks each, secured in concerned combinations in II year PUC science & CET and 50% marks secured in the Practical Test. In case of B.V.Sc & AH merit will be prepared based on 50% of Marks secured in CET (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) and 50% of marks scored in the practical test.
3. SUPPLY OF BROCHURE-CUM-APPLICATION FORM
Within Karnataka: Brochure cum Application Form will be supplied through the schools / colleges located within Karnataka where the students are pursuing 2nd PUC or 12th standard on or after 08.03.2013. The Brochure will be provided by the schools / colleges to interested students either by cash collection of Rs.650/- (Rs.500/-for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Category-I) orthrough NEFT transaction to Account No. 878333780 with NEFT/ IFSC Code IDIB000M010atthe Indian Bank, Malleshwaram Branch, Bangalore (UTR number for other than Indian Bank branches and journal number for Indian Bank branches). Students and Colleges need to keep record of UTR Number as proof for having remitted the prescribed fee through NEFT. Filled-in Application Forms will be submitted by the students to their respective colleges and the hard copy of the Application Form duly filled by the students of the Colleges in Karnataka with endorsement of the College will be reached to Administrative Officer, Karnataka Examinations Authority Malleshwaram, 18th Cross, Sampige Road, Bangalore-560 012 on or before 5th April 2013 by the colleges in Karnataka.
Outside Karnataka: Candidates of Karnataka Origin residing outside the state of Karnataka including Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadigas and wards of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants may remit Rs. 750/- through NEFT payable to Account No. 878333780 with NEFT/ IFSC Code IDIB000M010 at the Indian Bank, Malleshwaram Branch, Bangalore and send an e-mail to Administrative Officer, KEAat firstname.lastname@example.org in the prescribed format hosted on the website http://kea.kar.nic.in for obtaining CET 2013 brochure. Filled-in Application Form will have to be e-mailed to Administrative Officer, Karnataka Examinations Authority @ email@example.com and the hard copy of the ink signed Application Form with photograph of the Applicant be sent to Administrative Officer, Karnataka Examinations Authority, Malleshwaram, 18th Cross, Sampige Road, Bangalore-560 012 on or before 5th April 2013.
NOTE: Payment prescribed for obtaining Brochure may also be done by sending Demand Drafts in favour of ‘Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority’ or by remitting the prescribed amount through inter bank transfer to the aforesaid Bank Account No. However, Brochure will be despatched by Administrative Officer only after confirming receipt of prescribed fees in KEA’sAccount.
Candidates are advised to verify and confirm that they are fulfilling any one of the Eligibility Clauses updated on the KEA Website http://kea.kar.nic.in and also in the brochure before applying for admission to Government seats in Professional Colleges in the state of Karnataka for the year 2013. For any reason the fee paid by the candidates will not be refunded. LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION FORM IS 05.04.2013.
BRIEF NOTE ON ONLINE SEAT SELECTION
4. The seat allotment to Medical, Dental, Indian System of Medicine & Homoeopathy and Engineering / Architecture course will be done ONLINE by obtaining OPTIONS from the eligible candidates in the order of merit/rank in CET-2013 and based on the options given by them.
5. Verification of documents will be done in at least 13 notified helpline centres across the state after declaration of results / publication of merit list. Only upon verification of documents and issue of verification slip, candidate will be allowed to enter the options. A candidate can enter any number of options of his choice on his own arrangement. The candidate also has a provision to take a printout in each round. Every candidate shall be given high security user ID and Password which the candidate then has to login and change the password as per his / her choice. The details of centres will be made available on the website http://kea.kar.nic.in and also in the brochure.
6. The college and course will be allotted by the computer based on their ranking and options and the seats available in a particular college as per the seat matrix issued by the Government. Further details can be seen in the CET Brochure – 2013 and will be notified on the website http://kea.kar.nic.in.
7. The documents verification of Horanadu / Gadinadu Kannadigas and all Special Categories like Defence, Ex-Defence, NCC, Sports, Physically Disabled, Anglo -Indian, CAPF, Jammu and Kashmir, Scouts and Guides will be done only in the premises of KEA office at 18th Cross, Malleshwaram, Bangalore.
COMMON ENTRANCE TEST – 2013 TIME TABLE
|01-05-2013||Wednesday||10.30 am-11.50 am||Biology||60|
|02.30 pm-03.50 pm||Mathematics||60|
|02-05-2013||Thursday||10.30 am-11.50 am||Physics||60|
|02.30 pm-03.50 pm||Chemistry||60|
|10-05-2013||Friday||9.00 am onwards||PRACTICAL EXAMINATION on “Identification of Agriculture-related Specimens” TO CLAIM SEAT UNDER AGRICULTURIST QUOTA*||200|
*Minimum of 50% marks in Practical Examination is required to claim seat under Agriculturist Quota. Further, Agriculturist Quota is applicable only for Undergraduate courses detailed in Para 2 (5,6,7,8) above.
KANNADA LANGUAGE TEST – ONLY IN BANGALORE
|03-05-2013||Friday||11.30 am to 12.30 pm||FOR HORANADU AND GADINADU KANNADIGA CANDIDATES||50|
(Chakravarthi Mohan, IAS)
Download the notification in PDF form HERE: