SAINIK SCHOOL KODAGU
ADMISSION TO CUSSES VI & IX : 2018-19
Aim of the School: To prepare the boys academically, mentally and physically for entry into the National Defence Academy / Indian Naval Academy.
Age Limits for Admission
- Class-VI: Boys born between 02 July 2007 and 01 July 2008 (both days inclusive).
- Class-IX: Boys born between 02 July 2004 and 01 July 2005 (both days inclusive) and studying in Class VIII in a Recognised School.
Curriculum: 10+2 System of CBSE (Science Stream only).
Admission: Through All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination and Interview subject to medical fitness. Question Paper will be based on Class-V & Class-VIII CBSE Syllabus for Class-VI & Class-IX Entrance Examination respectively.
Entrance Examination: 7th January 2018 (Sunday)
Examination Centres: (a) Sainik School Kodagu: Classes VI and IX (b) Bangalore: Class-VI only.
Approximate Vacancies: Class-VI: 80-100; Class-IX: 10-20.
Reservation: SC-15%, ST-7.5% & Defence-25%
Present Annual Fees: Rs.1,07,000/- including Tuition Fee and Messing charges (approximate amount). Hike of 10% on Tuition Fee & Messing is likely in subsequent year(s). Other miscellaneous expenditure as applicable.
Scholarships: Merit/lncome based and exclusive SC/ST scholarships from Govt of Karnataka for boys of Karnataka domicile. Defence Scholarships for wards of Serving/Ex-Service personnel of the Armed Forces.
Pattern of Entrance Examination: With effect from 07 Jan 2018, All ndia Sainik Schools Entrance Examination will be conducted as Optical Marks Recognition (OMR) based examination. The revised pattern of Ent Exam will be as under:
|Ser||Subject||No.of Questions & Marks||Total Marks||Duration (Mins)||Ser||Subject||No.of Questions & Marks||Total Marks||Duration (Mins)|
|(b)||General Knowledge (Science & Social Studies)||25×2||50||30||(b)||English||25×2||50||30|
|Note||Though there will be only one OMR based answer sheet for the entire paper, Question paper on Intelligence will be handed over to the candidate only after a gap of two hours after commencement of the Examination.||Total||400||180|
How to apply:
Option 1. Apply online by entering particulars in the online application form available on the School Website. Prospectus and Sample Question Papers are available for download in the School Website www.sainikschoolkodaqu.edu.in from 16 Oct to 30 New 17.
Option 2. Obtain the Prospectus / Application form from the School Office between 1000 -1300 hrs on all working days by hand by submitting DD towards application fee as given below from 16 Oct 17 to 30 Nov 17. For obtaining prospectus by hand, the purchaser is to produce valid Identity proof viz. Aadhar Card / Voters ID / PAN Card / Driving License.
Application fee (Non-Refundable)
|Category||Online Application Fee||By Hand Application Fee (including Prospectus, Sample OMR answer sheets & application form, sample question papers & general instructions)|
* Demand Draft in favour of “The Principal, Sainik School Kodagu” payable at Kushalnagar (Karnataka). DD towards application fee is to be made separately for each application.
Last Date for receipt of application: 05 Dec 2017 (Saturday)
1. Sainik Schools Society reserves the right to change the pattern of exam/contents of question papers & admission criteria.
2. The School does not patronise any Coaching Institute / Agent and the admission will be made strictly in accordance with the merit of candidates in Entrance Examination and Interview subject to Medical fitness.
3. Collection / submission of DDs and applications in bulk will not be entertained.
4. Medium of examination for Class-VI will be in English/Hindi/Kannada. The medium of examination for Class-IX will be in English only and students are required to answer in English only.
For details, visit School Website www.sainikschoolkodagu.edu.in OR Call at 08276-278963.
Download the official notification: