(A University u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956)
DIRECTORATE OF DISTANCE EDUCATION
THANJAVUR – 613 401, TAMILNADU, INDIA.
Ph: 91-4362 264101-108, 304000 – 010, Fax : 91-4362 264120
BACHELOR OF EDUCATION PROGRAMME
(Jan – 2018 to Dec – 2019)
(APPROVED BY NCTE AND DEB)
SASTRA established the Directorate of Distance Education in collaboration with Distance Education Bureau (DEB) of UGC, New Delhi to offer higher education through distance mode. The B.Ed. programme in distant mode is approved by National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) and recognised by Govt. of Tamil Nadu as equivalent to regular B.Ed. degree offered by Tamil Nadu State Universities. Besides B.Ed., other innovative degree programmes are offered in the Distance Mode.
OBJECTIVES OF B.ED. PROGRAMME
The B. Ed. (Distance Mode) programme of SASTRA aims at making the in-service school teachers acquire relevant knowledge, skills and attitudes in pedagogical methods and preparing teachers to become role models in classrooms and to be an instrument for building productive human capital in our country to face the challenges of globalization.
This programme, meant for in-service teachers and aims at achieving the following:
- To enhance the competencies of in-service teachers
- To create a comprehensive understanding about pedagogical methods in organizing learning experiences for students.
- To strengthen the skills of teachers in the classroom and school management.
- To develop new skills required for teachers in organizing instructional methods through novel multimedia approaches.
- To enhance the skill of Technology of teaching in virtual classroom.
i) Candidates should have successfully undergone the degree in 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 pattern of examinations in the following discipline from a recognized university. A Bachelor’s degree in B.A / B.Lit., /B.Sc., in Tamil / English / History / Geography / Physics /Mathematics / Applied Physics / Chemistry / Applied Chemistry / Bio Chemistry / Botany/ Zoology / Micro Biology/Bio-technology/ Environmental Science / Dietetics / Applied Geography / Computer Science / Computer Applications/ Information Technology.
In case of Economics/Commerce/Home Science the candidate must possess a Post graduate degree (with aUG degree in the same subj ect) from the recognized University.
ii) Candidate must possess a teaching diploma from the NCTE recognized Teacher Education Institution through face-to-face mode are alone eligible.
iii) Trained In-Service teachers with two years full time teaching experience in a Nursery / Primary / Secondary/ Higher secondary schools in Tamil Nadu recognized by the state or central Government
iv) Should be currently working as a teacher in a government recognized school.
Selection to B.Ed distance mode programme SASTRA will be done transparently based on merit calculated as detailed below:
The University shall follow a selection procedure based on the following criteria. Allotment of seats will be made as detailed below
|Subject Code No||Subject||Percentage of allotment|
|1||Tamil (B.A / B.Lit)||35%|
|3||Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Technology||15%|
|4||Physics, Applied Physics, Electronics, Geo – Physics, Bio-Physics, Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Botany, Plant Biology, Environmental Science, Bio Technology,||15%|
|5||History, Indian Culture, Geography, Applied Geography, M.A Economics/Commerce, M.Sc., Home Science||25%|
In case enough candidates are not available in a particular subject, the seats will be allotted to the subject with the highest number of candidates
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
B.Ed. Programme is of two years duration. In any case, the programme will have to be completed
within a maximum period of four years after enrollment.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
The medium of instruction for B.Ed. Programme will be in English.
Rs. 63,000 to be paid in one installment for the entire two year programme at the time of admission in the form of Demand Draft favouring SASTRA payable at Thanjavur.
* Rs.45,000.00 Tuition Fees
* Rs.8,000.00 Record Fees
* Rs.10,000.00 development fees for a onetime payment.
Exam fees will be extra based on the number of courses. The fee paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
STUDY CENTRES FOR B.ED. PROGRAMME
The following Colleges of Education are identified as study centers for B. Ed. Programme
1. SASTRA UniversityMain Campus, Tirumalaisamudram, Thanjavur – 613 401 – 50 Seats.
2. Dr. S.R.J. College of Education, 15, V.O.C. Nagar, Thanjavur – 613007-50 Seats.
3. Srinivasa Ramanujan Centre, SASTRA University, Kumbakonam- 612 001 – 50 Seats.
4. Jamal Mohamed College of Teacher Education, No:7, Race Course Road, Khaja Nagar, Tiruchirappalli – 620 020- 50 Seats.
5. Kongunadu College of Education, Namakkal-Trichy Main Road, Tholurpatty (PO), Thottiyam Taluk, Trichy District – 50 Seats.
6. Dr. N.GP. College of Education, Coimbatore – 50 Seats.
7. Ruby college of Preceptors, Madurai – 50 Seats.
8. Loyola College of Education, Nungambakkam, Chennai- 600 034 – 50 Seats.
9. JSR College of Education, Agraharakkannadiputhur Village, Madathukulam Post, Madathukulam Taluk, Tiruppur District – 642113 – 50 Seats.
10. Stella Matutina College of Education, Ashok Nagar, Chennai – 600 083- 50 Seats.
Completed forms must be sent to the Director – Distance Education on or Before 16.01.2018 (5.00 P.M.)
DIRECTORATE OF DISTANCE EDUCATION SASTRA UNIVERSITY TIRUMALAISAMUDRAM ,
THANJAVUR – 613 401. TAMIL NADU, INDIA.
Phone: 91-4362 264101-108, 304000-010 Fax: 91-4362 264120