GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH SCHOOL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Office of the Director Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (APTET) in the premises of Commissioner & Director of School Education, A,P.. Saifabad, Hyderabad • 500004
APTET Office Telephone: 040-23232152, 23232153, 7702922003, 7702022004
APTET, January 2012, NOTIFICATION FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS
1 GO Ms No, 51, School Educalion(SEGEN.ll) Dept. dt 16 04 2011
2 GO Ms No 7.0. School Education (SE.GEN-II) Dept. dt 6 6 2011
3 GO Ms No 102. School Education (SE GEN-H) Dept. dt 28 07 2011
- Online applications are invited from the candidates who intend to be teachers for classes I to VIII in schools in Andhra Pradesh for appearance second Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (APTET – January 2012) to conducted by Department of School Education. Government of Andhra Pradesh 8th of January 2012 (Sunday) in all 23 Districts of the State.
- In accordance with the provision of sub-section (1) of section 23 of the Right To Education Act (RTE), 2009 the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) had vide its Notification dated 23rd August, 2010 laid down the minimum qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher tor class to VIII. It had been inter alia provided that one of the essential qualifications for a person to be eligible tor appointment as a teacher in any of the schools referred to in clause (n) of section 2 of the RTE Act is that she/he should pass the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) which would be conducted by the appropriate Government in accordance with the Guidelines framed by the NCTE Accordingly. Government of Andhra Pradesh has issued guidelines for conducting Teacher Eligibility Test in A P vide GOs cited in the references above.
- APTET is applicable to all candidates who possess D.Ed, B Ed, and Language Pandit or equivalent qualifications and to all candidates appearing for final year of D.Ed, B.Ed & Language Pandit or equivalent qualifications before 07-01-2012 with requisite percentage of marks obtained by candidates as given in information bulletin of APTET and who aspire to become teachers for Classes I to VIII in the schools of the State Government, Mandal Panshad, Zilla Parishad, Municipality, Private aided schools and Private unaided schools in Andhra Pradesh State, However, the candidates intending to seek employment as a teacher in private unaided schools shall have the option of appearing at CTET conducted by Central Government through CBSE instead of APTET if they so desire. The candidates who did not qualify in the First APTET held on 31st July 2011 can also apply for this second APTET. Further, the candidates who got qualified in the first APTET of July 2011 can also apply for 2nd APTET if they desire for improvement in their previous TET score.
- The test (APTET) will be conducted in 2 papers viz Paper-I & Paper-II. The candidates who intend to be teachers for classes I to V have to appear at Paper-I and the candidates intending to be teachers for classes VI to VIII have to appear for paper-II. The candidates who intend to be teachers for all classes from I to VII appear for both papers. Paper-I & Paper-II.
- Date and Timings of 2nd APTET:
APTET will be conducted on January 8, 2012 (Sunday) in all the Districts of State. The duration and timings of the test are given below:
Paper-I: 9:30 am to 12:00 noon (duration 2-1/2 hours)
Paper-ll: 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm (duration 2-1/2 hours)
- Fee for submission of application online
The fee for appearing for APTET online including examination fee is Rs 300.00 for only Paper-I or only Paper-ll or both. Candidates can pay the fee through APONLINE or e-Seva centres between 31.10.2011 and 25.11.2011 and submit online application at the APTET website http://aptet.cgg.gov.in between 01-11-2011 and 26-11-2011.
- Procedure for submission of application online:
Detailed procedure of applying ONLINE is given in the information Bulletin. Candidates can download the “Information Bulletin” free of cost from the APTET website http://aptet.cgg.gov.in from 31-10-2011. Candidates can submit their applications online from 01-11-2011 to 26-11-2011.
- Examination Centers for APTET January, 2012:
APTET shall be conducted in all the 23 districts of the state. Candidate can choose any Examination Centre (District) of his choice. However, when the capacity of any particular Examination Centre (District) gets exhausted that particular Examination Centre (District) will not be displayed in the list of examination centers given in the online application form in such case the indicate has to choose Examination Centre (District) of his / her choice from the remaining list available.
- Eligibility Criteria
The candidates at the time of applying for APTET – January 2012 should be in possession of the minimum qualifications presented for a teacher for I to V classes (Paper-l) and VI to VIII classes (Paper-ll) as given in Information BulletinThe candidates who are pursuing respective Teacher Education Courses can wr. appear tor APTET January, 2012 to be held on 08.01.2012 provided they appear for the Final Year Examinations of the respective Teacher Education Course on or before 07.01.2012.Details of qualifications prescribed for APTET are provided in the Information Bulletin.
- Structure and Content of APTET
(a) The structure and content of each part of Paper-I and Paper-II of second APTET with bresk up of 150 marks for each part of the paper are given in the Information Bulletin.
(b) Syllabus for APTET can be downloaded from http://aptet.cgg.gov.in
- Pass Criteria in TET
APTET January, 2012 Results will be declared within four weeks from the conduct of test. The criteria for considering pass in APTET is as follows:
Community Pass Marks (i) OC 60% Marks and above (ii) SC 50% Marks and above (iii) SC 40% Marks and above (iv) ST 40% Marks and above (v) Differently abled (PH)** 40% Marks and above
**Note: Physically Handicapped with at least 40% handicap only will be considered in respect ol Visually Handicapped and Orthopedically Handicapped with regard to Hearing impaired, minimum 75% handicap will be considered under PH category.
- Validity period of TET certificate / Marks Memo
APTET certificate / Marks memo shall be valid for a period of 7 years from the date of TET examination in accordance with NCTE Guidelines
- Weightage for APTET Scores in selection in District Selection Committee (DSC) Recruitments.
20% we»ghtage will be given to APTET scores in the ensuing Teacher Recruitments of the state Government i.e 20% weightage is for APTET score and 80% weightage for written test in Teacher Recruitment Test (TRT) for drawing up selection lust.
- Storage of examination material
- The examination related material will be preserved for six months from the date ot examination and no application in this regard will be entertained beyond this period
1 Payment of Fees at AP Online or e-Seva 31-10-2011 to 25-11-2011 2. Download of APTET information Bulletin 31-10-2011 onwards 3 Online submission ol application through http://aptet.cgg.gov.in 01-11-2011 to 26-11-2011 4 Help Desk services on all working days 31-10-2011 to 08-01-2012 5 Receiving of Complaints pertaining to Online Application 07-11-2011 to 28-11-2011 6 Issue of Hall Ticket 24-12-2011 onwards 7 Schedule of Examination
9:30 AM to 12:00 Noon
2:30 PM to 5:00 PM
8 Declaration of Results 28-01-2012
- Exemption from passing APTET :Teachers who were appointed before NCTE notification dated 23-08-2010 on selection by District Selection Committee or by competent authority in Govt / Local Authority as per Recruitment rules prevalent at the time are exempted from appearing at TET Exam. However, teachers working in Private Schools whose appointment were not approved by competent authonty in Government are not exempted Irom passing TET Such teachers of Private Unaided Schools can appear at TET conducted by either State Government or Central Government. Non approved teachers working in Private Aided Schools should invariably appear at TET conducted by State Government only
Sd/- Director, APTET