BIRLA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
(Deemed University u/s 3 of UGC Act 1956)
Mesra, Ranchi – 835215 (Jharkhand)
Admission Notification 2017 for 4-year (8-Semester)
Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology Programme
Ref. Adm / BHMCT 2017 / 2016-17/1 Date: 19 January 2017
Applications are invited from eligible Class XII / Intermediate pass-out candidates aspiring for admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology programme of the Institute at Mesra for the session 2017-18.
|Filling of Online Form begins||1st March 2017|
|Last date for submission of online Application Form||26th June 2017|
|Last date for receipt of printouts of duly completed forms at Mesra||3rd July 2017|
|Tentative date for Entrance Test||9th July 2017|
|Announcement of Result||10th July 2017|
|Commencement of Classes from 25th July 2017 (exact date will be notified at later stage)|
Candidates must have passed Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent qualifying examination with 45% (40% for SC/ST) marks in Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent qualifying examination with English as a subject.
How to Apply: (Please see Instructions also for details)
- To start online application, click on the link, create ‘username’ and ‘password’ when prompted. Do not share the username and password with any body else.
- To apply for the Hotel Management programme 2017, eligible candidates must complete and submit the application online only [available on Institute website bitmesra.ac.in. Pay application fee through State Bank Collect (any nationalized bank) of Rs.1,500/- (General / OBC candidates) and Rs.1,000/- (for SC/ST candidates). Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Send a printout of the completed form along with required enclosures (see List of Enclosures) in a A4 size envelope by Speed Post / reliable courier (means by which sender may track its movement on internet) to the office of Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215, to reach positively by the due date.
- Write “Application for BHMCT-2017 on top of the envelope”.
Document verification cum Admission:
The list of candidates to be called for Entrance Test and admission will be notified on the Institute website as per schedule mentioned above. No individual intimation will be sent to candidates.
Total number of seats to be offered & Reservation:
|Programme||No. of seats to be offered|
- For all programmes at the Institute which are supported by any of the respective State Governments, the reservation criteria for the state quota are as per the norms of the respective State Government.
- For all other programmes the reservation criteria for SC & ST are as per the statutory norms of Central Govt. (SC -15% & ST – 7.5%)
- The Institute observes statutory reservation for Persons with Disability (3%).
- Upto 1 seat may be allotted to the candidates who are Sons or Daughters of Kashmiri Migrant who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- 50% of the total seats are reserved for candidates who have passed their qualifying examination (Class 12) from Jharkhand State. (The “State of Eligibility” of a candidate for the purpose will be determined on the basis of location of his/her School / College where s/he has passed the qualifying examination.
[In case sufficient numbers of suitable candidates from any group are not available, the Institute reserves the right to fill the seats from the other group].
The selection will be made on the basis of performance of the candidate in Entrance Test conducted by the Institute. However, candidates must meet the age criteria and other minimum academic requirements (see Eligibility Criteria).
For complete details, refer to the brochure below: