Common Entrance Examination for Design
Conducted by IIT Bombay
Assessment of aptitude for design involving Visual perception ability, Drawing skills, Logical reasoning, Analytical reasoning, Creativity and Communication Skills.
Date of Examination: Sunday, 7 December 2014 10:00 – 13:00 Hrs.
Objectives: Qualifying Examination for admission to Master of Design (M.Des.) programmes at lISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIT Kanpur, and to Ph.D. programmes in Design in some Institutes.
Master of Design (M.Des.)
• IISc BANGALORE: M.Des. in Product Design and Engineering.*
• IIT BOMBAY: M.Des. in Industrial Design, Visual Communication, Animation, Interaction Design, Mobility and Vehicle Design.
• IIT DELHi: M.Des. in Industrial Design.
• IIT GUWAHATI: M.Des. in Design.
• IIT HYDERABAD: M.Des. in Visual Design.
• IIT KANPUR: M.Des. in Design.*
Ph.D. in Design
• IISc BANGALORE
• IIT BOMBAY
• IIT HYDERABAD
• IIT KANPUR
GATE qualified candidates will also be considered for admission to these programmes.
Eligibility: Candidates must either have completed or be expecting to complete any of the following, by July 2015:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Architecture/ Design/ Interior Design or equivalent (4 year programme after 10+2).
• Professional Diploma in Design, e.g. NID/CEPT or equivalent (4 year programme after 10+2).
• B.F.A. (4 year professional programme after 10+2).
• G.D. Art (5 year programme after 10th) with one year post qualification professional experience.
• Master’s degree in Arts/Science/ Computer Applications (2 year programme after 10+2+3).
Note: Candidates with a three year Bachelor’s degree programme are NOT eligible.
Application Procedure: CEED application form is to be submitted Online Only by accessing the website: www.gate.iitb.ac.in/ceed2015
Application Fee: Rs. 2000/- for male (GN and OBC) candidates; Rs. 1,000/- for male (SC/ST/PwD) candidates; Rs. 1000/- for all female candidates. Note that this fee is non-refundable. For fee payment and application submission procedure, visit www.gate.iitb.ac.in/ceed2015
Examination Centres: Bengaluru, Bhopal, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kanpur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram.
Online application submission 4th August to 1st September 2014
Availability of admit card for download 7th November to 6th December 2014
Date of Examination: 7th December 2014, 10:00 to 13:00 Hrs.
Announcement of Results: 15th January 2015
GATE/JAM/OEED office, IIT Bombay
Phone Numbers: 9769917069, 97699957068, 022 25767068