VENKATARAMANNAGUDEM,WEST GODAVARI DISTRICT
ADMISSION TO M.Sc.(HORTICULTURE) & Ph.D(HORTICULTURE) -2014-15
1. INTRODUCTION: The Dr.Y.S.R. Horticultural University was established during 2007 is responsible for education, research and extension in horticulture and allied fields in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The University imparts insturctions leading to the Maters’s degree crouses and Ph.D courses in horticlulture at its respective constituent colleges at Rajendrangar (R.R.Dist.) , Venkataramannagudem (W.G.Dist.) Anatharajupeta (Kadapa Dist.) and Mojelrla (Mahaboobnaar Dist.)
2. Number of Seats: M.Sc.(Hort.) with specializtionin Fruit Science (15), Vegetable Science(12), Floriculture and Landscape Gardening (8) and Spices, Plantations,Medicinal and Aromatic Crops (5) seats. Out of a total of 40 seats, 12 seats at College of Horticulture, Rajendranagar (Hyderabad) 2 seats at College of Horticulture, Mojerla, 17 Seats at HC&RI, Venkataramannagudem , West Godavari District (A.P) and 9 Seats at HC&RI, Anantharajupet, Dr.YSRHU, Kadapa District are allotted.
Ph.D(Hort.) – Out of 8 seats , 4 seatsin HC&RI, V.R.Gudem, & 4 seats in COH, Rajendrangar are allotted.
3. (a) Qualifications for admission: Candidates seeking admission into Master’s Degree course in Horticulture must have passed the relevant Bachelor’s Degree i.e, B.Sc. in Hortilculture and for Ph.D course, must have Master Degree in Horticulture from Universities accredited by ICAR. In the above qualifying examination, the candidates must have secured minimum OGPA of 5.50/10.00 and for Ph.D a minimum of 6.50/10.00 OGPA in M.Sc.(Horticulture).
(b) Age: The upper age limit is 40 years as on 1st July.
4. (a) reservations for Local&Non-Local candidates: Reservation of seats for different local areas of the State shall be as per rules.
(b) Reservaation for S.C., S.T., and B.C. candidates: 15%, 6% and 29% of the seats in the course of study shall be reserved for the candidates belonging to SCs, STs, and BCs respectively.
( c) 3% seats in the course are reserved for Physically challenged candidates as per the Government norms.
5. Criteria for Selection
* M.Sc.(Horticulture): The selection shall be based on the weightage for previous academic record (B.Sc.-30%, Intermediate – (10+2) – 10% and S.S.C – 10%) and performance in Entrance test (50%). Candidates with 50 or morethan 50% marks in entrance test are eligible for interview/counseling which is relaxable in case of SC/ST candidates. The entrance test shall be comprehensive one, covering all relevant subjects prescribed for the concerned Bachelor degree requirements of this University.
* Ph.D(Horticulture): The Selection shall be based on the previous academic record (M.Sc.(Hort.) – 30%, B.Sc(Hort.) – 10%, and performance in Entrance Test (50%) and 10% for interview. Candidates with 50 or morethan 50% marks in entrance test are eligible for interview/counseling which is relaxable in case of SC/ST candidates . The entrance test shall be comprehensive one, covering all relevant subjects prescribed for the concerned Master degree requirements of this University.
6. Every downloaded online application should accompany DD drawn in favour of “Comptroller, Dr.YSRHU, payble at Tadepalligudem” for Rs.500/- (Rupees Five hundred only) for M.Sc.(Hort.) and Rs.1,000/- (Rupees one thousand only) for Ph.D(Hort.).
7. Applications duly filled in together with Demand Draft and all the prescribed certificates should be sent to “The Registrar, Dr.Y.S.R. Horticlultural University, Administrative Office, Venkataramannagudem , Near Tadepalligudem, 534101, West Godavari District” on or before 05.07.2014.
8. All the eligible candidates in P.G.Entrance Test should bring their original certificates at the time of counseling.
Fore more details, visit: http://www.drysrhu.edu.in/