Applications are invited from candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Program (2015-2016) of ICGEB in the following two streams.
Students will not be allowed to change the stream after submission of online application.
- Human Health
- Plant Sciences
Visit our website http://www.icgeb.org/research-groups-Delhi.html for more details on the research interest of above PIs.
- First class (60% or equivalent grade) M.Sc. in any branch of Science (e.g. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics etc) or Tech. or M.B.B.S. or M.V.Sc. or M.Pharm. or equivalent qualification recognized by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, is required. Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination this year may also apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfilment of the above requirements at the time of joining (3rd Aug 2015).
- The applicant should have cleared any one of following: CSIR-UGC, ICMR, DBT, DST-INSPIRE, BINC or any other equivalent JRF examination and fellowships must be valid for at least four years. GATE is not accepted.
- Applications MUST be filled online (click the link at the bottom)
- Before starting online application prepare demand draft of Rs 300/- in favour of “ICGEB, New Delhi”, payable at New Delhi as you are required to fill the demand draft details online.
- Scan recent colour passport size photo. Size of photo should be less than 2 MB.
- Print the online receipt and the admit card in COLOUR, generated after the successful online submission.
- Send the signed hard copy of the online receipt only along with (DO NOT SEND ADMIT CARD)
- a crossed Demand Draft of Rs 300/- (non-refundable), in favour of “ICGEB, New Delhi”, payable at New Delhi.
- documentary evidence for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer), if applicable
to The Administrative Focal Point, International Centre for Genetic Engineering Biotechnology (ICGEB), Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi – 110067 by 25th May, 2015. The Envelope should be clearly marked with “Application for Ph.D. Programme – 2015-2016”
Eligible candidates will be called for a written exam on 17th June, 2015. Intimation will be sent by email.
Candidates shortlisted based on the written exam will be interviewed on 18th & 19th June 2015.
For more details, visit: http://www.icgeb.res.in/phd2015/
Leave a Reply