INDIAN INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, SHIBPUR
PhD Admissions under “Visvesvaraya PhD scheme”
Sponsored by DeitY, MCIT, Govt. of India
Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), MCIT, Govt. of India has granted 15 scholarships under the scheme titled “Visvesvaraya PhD scheme”. Under this scheme presently admissions are open to PhD Degree program on Full Time basis. Applications (Application Form) are invited from Indian nationals for admission to PhD Program for the odd semester 2015-16, under the above scheme at this Institute.
The major features of the scheme for the full-time scholars are given below:
- Monthly scholarship of Rs.22, 500/- (likely to be revised to Rs. 31,250/) per month for first two years and Rs.25, 000/- (Likely to be revised to 35,000/-) per month for rest 3 years.
- Rent reimbursement up to 30% of scholarship amount paid per month.
- Annual contingency of Rs.30, 000/- .
- Financial Support (up to Rs. 50,000/-) for attending International conferences
Eligibility criterion: Essential: M.Tech in IT, Electronics, CS, EE and VLSI or equivalent with a minimum of 65% or 7.25CGPA (60% or 6.25 CGPA for ST/ST candidates) at both the Bachelor’s (CS, EE, IT or Electronics) and Master’s level.
Desirable: GATE qualification.
Age: 32 years as on 1 July 2015; date may be relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Woman candidate
Above eligibility is minimum requirement only. Good academic career and higher qualification is preferred and mere eligibility does not ensure a call for admission test and/or Interview. A screening of applications will be made to prepare a short list of candidates who will be called for admission test and/or Interview. Further screening will be done after the admission test to select the candidates for the interview.
The number of scholars in the three department/school with Specializations in the proposed PhD Program is given below:
|Sl. No.||Department / School||No. of scholars||
Area of Specialization
|1||Electronics and Telecommunication||6||Planar circuit and antenna, RFID applications, Meta-materials, Phased array antenna, Electromagnetic band-gap materials, Microwave avalanche devices, IMPATT amplifiers and oscillators, Biosensors, MEMS based pressure and conductivity sensor, Nano-structured semiconducting metal oxides for sensor applications, Chemical sensors, MEMS based gas sensors and its CMOS integration, VLSI design and testing, VLSI based signal processing, Ad-hoc and sensor networks, Cognitive Radio networks, Satellite communication, Digital image processing|
|2||Information Technology||6||Cellular automata, Digital micro-fluidic biochip, Digital Geometry and Image Analysis, Medical Image Processing, Cognitive Radio,
VLSI Design and Test, Ad-hoc network, wireless sensor network, Crowd Sourcing, Big Data Analysis, Quantum and Reversible Computing, Multimedia Protection and Secret Transmission, Nano-Scale Computing and System.
|3||VLSI||3||VLSI Synthesis and Verification, Algorithms for VLSI CAD, CAD for Digital Micro-Fluidic Biochip, System on Chip Design and Test, 3D IC Design and Test, Analog and Mixed Signal IC Design & Test, Carbon Nano-tube/GrapheneNanoRibbon based interconnects and Device, Reversible and quantum circuits.|
- The admission calendar, fee structure, academic regulations will be as per regular PhD admission process of the institute. For details see the PhD regulations in the website: www.iiests.ac.in.
- Applicants seeking admission under this scheme are required to apply on-line by downloading the application form and submitting the duly filled-up admission form (with the details of the draft) and the scanned copy of the M. Tech, DOB, GATE and category certificates, if applicable, (all in PDF form) to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 4 PM, 30
- An applicant may make separate applications (with separate draft for each application) to more than one department/schools if he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria for that department.
- Applicants need to pay Rs. 300/- (Rs. 150/- for the SC/ST candidates) by demand draft/pay order addressed to “REGISTRAR, IIEST, Shibpur” and payable at Kolkata.
- The draft (details given by the candidate in the application form) will be treated as admit card and would be collected from the candidates during the test .
LAST DATE OF APPLICATION: 30 June 2015 (up to 4 PM)
For more details, visit: http://www.becs.ac.in/visvesaraya-phd-fellowship