To promote high quality scientific education, research and training, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, has set up five Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) at Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune and Thiruvananthapuram. A sixth IISER is scheduled to start functioning at Tirupati from August 2015.
BS-MS Dual Degree Program
It is a five year dual degree program for bright and motivated science students who have passed class XII. The program integrates classroom learning with research and provides ample scope for multidisciplinary interactions. The first two years of the program consist of core courses in basic sciences, the third and fourth years are dedicated to specialization in chosen science subjects and the fifth year includes a research project. The training during the program enables students to pursue a career in academia, R&D institutes and science based industries.
Admission to BS-MS Dual Degree Program 2015: Channels
Students will be admitted to the Five Year BS-MS Dual Degree program beginning August 2015 through the following channels
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Basic Science Stream: Students qualifying in SA (2013-14)/SX (2014-15)/SB (2014-15)
- Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced 2015): Students securing a place in the rank list of Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced 2015) for admission to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
- State and Central Boards: Students passed class XII in 2014 or appearing in 2015 in science stream with either
Marks above or equal to the cut-off percentage declared by DST (http://www.inspire-dst.gov.in) as eligibility for INSPIRE fellowship 2015. For OBC (Non-Creamy layer)/PD category candidates, there is a 5% relaxation in the DST cut-off. The cut-off for SC/ST candidates and Kashmiri Migrants(KM) is 55% in class XII for all boards
Advisory note for the eligibility for Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) under INSPIRE scheme based only on the performance in class XII board examination
- BS-MS students are eligible for either KVPY or INSPIRE scholarship based on continued academic performance.
Application has to be done online only at our admission portal. The details of the application procedure will be announced on this website in due course.
The application windows will be opened here as follows
- JEE/KVPY – 1st June 2015 to 27th June 2015
- SCB – 1st June 2015 to 4th July 2015
|1.||Opening of application portal for JEE/KVPY/SCB stream||1st June|
|2.||Last date for application for JEE/KVPY stream||27th June|
|3.||Last date for application for SCB stream||4th July|
|4.||Result – Publishing of allocation list of JEE/KVPY channel||29th June|
|5.||Last date for payment of admission fees for JEE/KVPY stream||10th July|
|6.||IISER SCB aptitude test||12th July|
|7.||Result/Allocation of SCB stream||15th July|
|8.||Last date of payment of admission fees for SCB stream||22nd July|
For more details, visit: http://www.iiseradmission.in/welcome.phpx
Leave a Reply