Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Integrated Ph.D. programme starting from August 2014 at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research – Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM).
Online Application will be available at http://www.iisertvm.in/iphd/ from 2 February 2014
Bachelors degree in Biological/Chemical/Physical/Mathematical/Engineering with a minimum of 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale). All shortlisted candidates are required to appear for a written aptitude test followed by interview.
The questions for the written test will be multiple choice testing the candidates’ knowledge/reasoning ability.
Bachelors degree in Chemical sciences with a minimum of 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale). Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test followed by interview.
Candidates must satisfy any one of the following criterion:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering/Technology in a relevant discipline with minimum CGPA of 6.0 (or 55 % marks).
- NBHM-M.Sc. Fellowship valid as on 1 August 2014 with CGPA of 6.0 (or 55 % marks).
Selection Procedure for mathematical sciences:
Shortlisted candidates will be called for the written test followed by an interview. NBHM-M.Sc. Fellowship holders are exempted from the written test.
Bachelors degree in Physical Sciences, Engineering or Technology with minimum 55 % marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale). Applicants should have cleared the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST)-2014.
- Please go through the FAQ page before filling up the application form.
- Applicants should complete the online application form by going to the following URL: http://www.iisertvm.in/iphd/. Read the General Instructions carefully before you start filling in the application form.
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents, like photograph, proof of date of birth, mark-list, community certificate, in JPEG/PDF formats only.
- GE/OBC [SC/ST] candidates are reqired to make a payment of Rs. 200/- [Rs. 100/-] as processing fee through the Powerjyoti Account (Please download the PDF file of the challan for application fee through Powerjyoti.)
- On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgment email with an application number.
- Short-listed applicants will be invited for a written test/interview at IISER-TVM.
- Last date for the submission of the online application for Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics is 23 February, 2014.
Important Dates for admission to the Integrated Ph.D. programme
For Schools of Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics:
|Last date of online submission of the application form.||23 February, 2014 (17:00 hrs [IST])|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates on the Institute website http://www.iisertvm.ac.in||25 February, 2014|
|Aptitude Test for shortlisted candidates||Forenoon of 22 March, 2014|
|Interview for the shortlisted candidates||22 – 23 March, 2014|
For School of Physics:
|Online Application Opens.||After declaration of JEST-2014 results|
|Interview for the shortlisted candidates||5-6 May, 2014|
Official notification can be found at: http://www.iisertvm.ac.in/academics/int-ph-d-programme/admissions