INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY BOMBAY
Powai, Mumbai – 400 076
Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. Programmes for the Academic Year 2013-14 starting from January, 2014. Applications have to be submitted ‘ONLINE’.
Minimum Eligibility criterion: General Eligibility criterion for Admission in all Departments/Centres/ Schools/ Interdisciplinary Groups.
ONE of the following in appropriate subject areas:
1) Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent, with First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST)
2) Master’s degree in Science or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent, with First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST). For admission in the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences and in the Industrial Design Centre, the percentage requirement is 55% marks or equivalent (50% for SC/ST). Candidates meeting this requirement must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements:
- Valid Gate Score
- CSIR/UGC/NBHM / DBT / DST Inspire Award or Fellowship.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience, for Sponsored (SW) / Self- Financed (SF) /Institute Staff (IS) category.
- Minimum 6 months project work experience in IIT Bombay, for Project Staff (PS) category.
Requirements for Teaching Assistantship (TAship)/ Research Assistantship (RAship)
Candidates with Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology are eligible for TAship/RAship. Candidates without Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology require either a valid GATE score or CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ DST Inspire fellowship to be considered for TA/ RAship.
In addition to the general eligibility criterion, the applicant must satisfy the eligibility criteria specified for the respective Departments/Centres/ Schools/ Interdisciplinary Groups.
Admission for IIT B.Tech. degree holders
Candidate having an IIT B.Tech. Degree and having a CGPA/CPI score of 8.00 and above are exempted from requirement of GATE qualification. They will be admitted to Ph.D. Programme under TA/RA positions through written test / interview.
Important Guidelines for Ph.D. Application
- Please read the instructions given in the brochure carefully before filling up the application form.
- Online Application Form & Information Brochure is available on the Institute website http://www.iitb.ac.in/newacadhome/phd.jsp from 2nd September, 2013 to 31st October, 2013. Candidates are required to submit their application ONLINE only. After filling the form, candidates are advised to take a printout and keep the same for the record.
- The application fee is Rs.300/- for GN/OBC-NC and Rs.50/- for SC/ST.
- You can apply for THREE programmes in ONE application by paving the application fee ONCE. A candidate can submit multiple applications, if he/she wishes to apply to more than three programmes.
Candidates need to apply ONLINE only. No Downloadable Forms will be available.
Schedule for PG Admissions for year 2013-14 (Spring Semester)
|Programme||Mode of Application||Availability of application forms||Last date for receipt of completed application forms|
Download the notification in PDF form HERE:
Leave a Reply