Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur
Office of Academics
Advertisement for Ph.D. admission 2015-16
Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur invites applications from Indian citizens for admission in “Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT”. This PhD scheme is an initiative of the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY).
This is a highly competitive national level PhD fellowship scheme under the National Policy on Electronics, Govt. of India for motivated students in the upcoming state-of-art Electronic System Design and Manufacturing research areas. The salient features of the program are:
- This is a full-time PhD program with fellowship for a maximum period of five years.
- Fellowship @ Rs. 22,500 per month for 1st and 2nd, and @ Rs. 25,000 per month for 3rd, 4th, and 5th yr. This is likely to be revised to Rs. 31250 and Rs 35,000 per month, respectively subject to confirmation by DeitY
- HRA on the abovementioned amount is available to candidates who do not reside in the campus as per government rules.
- Annual contingency grant @ Rs. 30,000 per year per PhD student.
- In addition, a PhD candidate under this scheme is eligible to apply for an international travel support of upto Rs. 50000 from DeitY.
Research Area: Only those applicants who are interested in any one of the areas should apply
- Improved Spectral Efficiency, Massive MIMO, and Carrier Aggregation
- Energy Efficiency at UE
- Low latency mobile communication to provide real time application
- HetNet enhanced Inter-Cell Inference Coordination (eICIC)
- Device-to-Device (D2D) communication
- Control Engineering
- Power Electronics
- Handwriting & Speech Recognition Technologies for Indian Languages
- Image reconstruction
- Super-Resolution Imaging
- Image and Video Coding
- Device Circuit co-design
- Devices and Circuits for Low Power
- Devices and sensors
- Wireless Networks, Software Defined Networks
- Power System Protection and Power Quality
Selection Process: Candidates can fill only one choice from the research areas given above in the online form. There will be a written test and/or interview for the applicants fulfilling the eligibility criteria given below:
Eligibility Criteria: Applicant should fulfil one of the following four criteria.
- Tech/M.E/MS in the department of Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering with at least 60% marks or at least 6.5/10 Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA/CPI for SC/ST). Such students are required to have at least 60% marks or 6.5/10 CPI or CGPA (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA/CPI for SC/ST) in Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with
- a B.Tech., B.E. degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering with at least 80% marks or at least 8/10 CPI or CGPA (75% marks or 7.5 CGPA/CPI for SC/ST) and a valid GATE/UGC-CSIR NET score, or
- a B.Tech. degree from any of the IITs in Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering with at least 8/10 CPI or CGPA.
- Applicants with Master’s degree in Engineering from a University or an Institute abroad in the department of Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering with at least 60% marks, 3.0/4 CPI or CGPA, or 8.0/10 CPI or CGPA.
- Sponsored Candidates: There can be selection under sponsored category; provided sponsoring agency agrees to provide matching funding as per ‘the PhD Scheme’ of Deity. Some or all the eligibility criteria given above from 1) to 3) can be relaxed for exceptional candidates. In case suitable candidates, in this category are not found, all selections will be made as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
Reservation Policy: The norms of reservation for different categories shall be adopted as laid down by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
|Last date of filling online application form:||06/07/2015|
|Announcement of short listed candidates for the admission process:||09/07/2015|
|Date of written test and/or Interview||14/07/2015|
Note: Applicants are advised to book their journey tickets in advance if they have good academic record.
Application Procedure: Applicants are requested to use the following link to fill and submit the application form online: http://www.iiti.ac.in:8080/QA PG ADMISSION/
For admission to the 2015-16 First Semester commencing in July 2015, this online link will remain active till 06 July, 2015.
Applicants are required to pay the processing fee of Rs.300 for General and OBC applicants and Rs.150 for SC, ST, and PD applicants online while submitting the application form.
Download the notification: