Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati
Admission to M.S. (Research) (2017-18)
Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati is the first among the 3rd phase of IITs, to have its foundation stone laid in March 2015. It started functioning with the support of its Mentoring Institute, IIT Madras from the academic year of 2015-16. Presently, it is operating from a temporary campus on Tirupati – Renigunta Road and plans are well underway to setup its own campus (about 530 acres) in the coming 2 to 3 years in Merlapaka Village, Yerpedu Mandal, Chittoor District, A.P.
Applications are invited for admission to the M.S. (Research) programme starting in July 2017, as per details given below:
Civil Engineering: Structural Engineering, Hydraulics & Water Resources Engineering, Building Construction & Management.
Electrical Engineering: Signal & Image Processing, Control & Instrumentation, Power Systems & Power Electronics, Micro Electronics & MEMS.
Mechanical Engineering: Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer, Solid Mechanics, Design, Manufacturing, Computational Mechanics & CFD.
Eligibility for M.S. by Research
The minimum educational qualifications for admission to the M.S. by research degree for full time scholars are as follows:
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant departments with valid GATE score.
- Candidates having Associate Membership of the following professional bodies are also eligible for admission to the M.S. programme of their parent discipline provided they have a valid GATE score and have passed both Part A and Part B of the Membership examinations with a good academic record. The Institution of Engineers (India) (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical and Electronics/Electronics and communications), The Institute of Electronics and Tele-Communication Engineering.
- Engineering graduates from IITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTI) with a CGPA of at least 8/10 (7.5 for OBC-NCL and 7 for SC/ST/PwD) are eligible for seeking admission, without GATE score, to the MS Programme and they can be offered HTRA, if selected.
Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications, and satisfying additional criteria set by the Institute from time to time, will be called for an Interview and/or Test by Selection Committees of the respective departments.
Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the interview and/or test, the Departmental Selection Committee will recommend to the Chairman, Senate the names of candidates found suitable for admission to the M.S. by Research.
- Candidates who expect to complete all the requirements of their degree before July, 2017 also can apply.
- Shortlisted candidates, will have to appear for an interview and/or a written test.
- Reservations for SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD shall apply as per GoI rules.
- Financial Assistance is available (HTRA) as per MHRD or other funding agency norms.
- Presently, IIT Tirupati follows the Ordinance and Regulations of IIT Madras.
- More information can be found in M.S. (Research) Information Brochure.
- Applicants should apply through the online portal only.
- No queries will be entertained
- Releasing date for advertisement: 15-06-2017 (Thursday)
- Opening date for on-line application: 15-06-2017 (Thursday)
- Closing date for on-line application: 30-06-2017 (Friday)
- Written test/ Interview: 10&11-07-2017 (Monday & Tuesday)
- Announcement of Results: 14-07-2017 (Friday)
- Joining date of candidate: 24-07-2017 (Monday)