The IITM – Summer Fellowship Programmeof two months with stipend is designed to enhance awareness and interest in high quality academic research among young Engineering, Management, Sciences and Humanities students through a goal oriented summer mini-project undertaken at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
Eligibility:Candidates pursuingThird Year of B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engg) / Integrated M.E. / M.Tech. programme, First Year of ME / M.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.A, MBAwith outstanding academic background in terms of high ranks in university examinations are encouraged to apply, highlighting their academic performance and achievement including papers presented at seminars, projects executed, design contests participated, score/rank in Mathematics Olympiad and any other awards/distinctions obtained. [IIT students are not eligible to apply].
Period of the Project: Duration of the programme may commence from16th May 2018 to 15th July 2018.(Schedule may be flexible to suit students convenience.)
Stipend: A sum of Rs.6000/- per month will be given as a stipend for a maximum period of 2 months.
Bonafide Certificate: Letter issued by the Head of the Institution certifying that you are a bonafide student. .
- Click here to download to Template ofUG / DD students Bonafide Certificate
- Click here to download to Template ofPG students Bonafide Certificate
Participating Departments:(Engineering Departments) :
- Aerospace Engg,
- Applied Mechanics
- Bio Technology
- Chemical Engg.
- Civil Engg,
- Computer Science & Engg,
- Engineeing Design
- Electrical Engg.
- Mechanical Engg.
- Metallurgical & Materials Engg.
- Ocean Engg.
Participating Departments:(Science Departments) :
Participating Departments:(Humanities & Social Sciences) :
- Humanities & Social Sciences
Participating Departments:(Management Studies) :
- Management Studies
Website opens:14th January 2018
Last date for submitting application:28th February 2018 at 5.00pm
How to Apply:
- Application should be submitted through online only using this site
- Physical printout of the application need not be sent
- Generate a pdf file and keep it for your reference
- Please ensure that all the relevant data and enclosures are uploaded.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
For more details, visit:https://sfp.iitm.ac.in