INDIAN STATISTICAL INSTITUTE
203 B.T. Road, Kolkata – 700 108
ADMISSION NOTICE 1
B Stat (Hons), B Math (Hems), M Stat. M Math. MS (QE), MS(QMS). MS (LIS), M lech (CS), M lech (QROK), PG Diploma and Research Fellowships.
Applications are invited for the following programmes from the candidates having qualifications as shown against each programme. Candidates who are due to complete the qualifying examinations before 01 July 2014 may also apply. Stipends/Fellowships as mentioned against each programme will be available to the deserving candidates.
1. 3-year B Stat (Hons): Successful completion of Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent with Mathematics and English. Stipend 7 HtKX)/- per month (Offered at Kolkata).
2. 3-year B Math (Hons): Successful completion of Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent with Mathematics and English. Stipend Rs. 3000/- per month (Offered at Bengaluru).
For the above two programmes, eligible Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) Awardees of any previous year need not sit for the written test. Such candidates would he directly called for interview but are required to apply in the prescribed application form like all other candidates.
3. 2-year M Stat: 3-year Bachelor’s degree with Statistics as a full subject, or a B Stat/B Math Degree/ PG Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics from ISI. Stipend Rs. 5000/- per month (Offered at Delhi and Chennai).
4. 2-year M Math: 3-year Bachelor’s degree or a BE/B Tech degree, with Mathematics and an exceptionally strong background in Analysis and Abstract Algebra or a B Stat/B Math degree from ISI. Stipend Rs. 5000/- per month (Offered at Kolkata).
5. 2-year Master of Science (MS) in Quantitative Economics: 3-year Bachelor’s degree in Economics/ Mathcmatics/Statistics/Physics or a B Stat degree from ISI or a BE/B Tech degree with knowledge of Economics and Mathematics at the undergraduate level. Stipend Rs. 5000/- per month (Offered at Kolkata & Delhi).
6. 2-year Master of Science (MS) in Quality Management Science: 3-year Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics. Stipend Rs. 5000/- per month (Offered at Bengaluru-Hyderabad, see details in Prospectus).
7. 2-year Master of Science (MS) in Library and Information Science: 3-year Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Stipend Rs. 5000/- per month (Offered at Bengaluru).
8. 2-year M Tech in Computer Science: (i) Master’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Physics/ Electronic Science/Computer Science/Computer Applications/Information Technology or, (ii) Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or any other qualification considered equivalent (such as AM1E or, GRAD- IETE or, DOEACC ‘B’ Level). Stipend Rs. 8000/- per month (Offered at Kolkata).
A candidate with a valid GATE scores above a threshold (to be decided by the Selection Committee) in his/her own subject would be directly called for interview. However, such candidates are required to apply in the prescribed application form like all other candidates.
9. 2-year M Tech in Quality, Reliability and Operations Research: (i) Master’s degree in Statistics or Master’s degree in Mathematics with Probability and Statistics as major subjects or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent or PG diploma in SQC & OR from ISI and (ii) Knowledge of Mathematics at graduate level and knowledge of Physics and Chemistry at Higher Secondary level. Stipend Rs. 8000/- per month (Offered at Kolkata).
10. 1-year PG Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics: 3-year Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/Economics. Stipend Rs. 2000/- per month (Offered at ISI NE centre at Tezpur, exclusively for the domiciled North-East students).
A candidate who was asked to discontinue any of the above programmes is not eligible for readmission to the same programme.
11. Junior Research Fellowship JRF: Refer to the attached image for full details.а i) applicants with ME/M Tech or equivalent: ? 18000/- per month and ii) others: ? 16000/- per month. A special fellowship of? 20000/- per month is also available for outstanding candidates in each of the following subjects: (i) Statistics, (ii) Mathematics, (iii) Computer Science, (iv) Quantitative Economics and (v) Quality, Reliability and Operations Research. (Details are available in the Prospectus).
Selection of candidates is based on merit as judged by their performance in written tests and interviews conducted by the Institute. Past academic record may also be taken into consideration. Note : Candidates selected for Junior Research Fellowships may be asked to join at a place other than the one opted for, if necessary.
Due consideration is given to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged candidates for all programmes from 1 to 10 above (i.e., excluding Junior Research Fellowship programmes). Detailed pioceduies for selection of the candidates who have been offered Junior Research Fellowships by the CSIR/NBHM arc available in the prospcctus. Limited hostel facilities arc available. Application procedure :
Candidates from outside India may send an e-mail to email@example.com with subject Admission 2014-2015 for the application procedure. Candidates in India can apply only ON-LINE through the official website http://www.isical.ac.in/-deanweh. Applicants should read carefully the instructions. Prospectus given in the website before filling in the application form. An applicant must have acccss to the Internet, an e-mail account, acrobat reader and need to have a digital copy of his/her photo and signature in appropriate format and size (see Prospectus).
Application Fee : ? 500.00 for all applicants in the general category and all applicants for the JRF programmes (irrespective of reservation category), ?250.00 for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged candidates for all programmes excluding JRF programmes.
Mode of payment : The challan generated by the on-line system must be taken to any branch of State Bank of India. The bank will accept only in cash the application fee as given above and bank charges (?40.00).
Incomplete/Improper Application Forms will be rejected.
For further queries, prospectus, sample questions etc. visit http:/www.isical.ac.in/~deanweb.
|On-line Application Starts||5 February 2014|
|On-line Application Ends||6 March 2014|
|Payment of Application Fee at SBI Branches Starts||7 February 2014|
|Payment of Application Fee at SBI Branches Ends||9 March 2014|
|ISI Admission Test||11 May 2014|