Where Practice Meets Theory
Applications are invited for Admissions to PhD Programme for July 2014 session
Disciplines: Civil / Computer Science / Computer Engg / Electrical / Electronics and Comm. / Material Science and Metallurgy / Mechanical / Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Management
Application Fees: Rs. 1,000/- through DD in favour of ‘Indus University’ Payable at Ahmedabad.
Course Fees: Rs. 30,000/- per Year
- Applicants fulfilling minimum eligibility criteria, shall be required to take Indus University Research Aptitude Test (IURAT) and appear for a personal interview (PI).
- The research aptitude test shall comprise of two sections .One section on general reasoning, and the other on respective streams. The test paper will have multiple-choice type questions. Duration of the test will be ONE hour.
- During the personal interview, the candidate shall have to make a presentation for about 10 minutes on the main theme of the proposed research, which will be followed by an interview by the panel. The DRC shall test the potential of the applicant for conducting research work .
- Based on the academic / research / industrial record and the performance of the applicant in IURAT & PI , the ARC/ DRC shall recommend to the Dean ( Research)/ Executive President (Vice Chancellor) the names of the suitable candidates.
- Successful candidates will be informed of their selection through their email ID within two weeks from the date of IURAT & PI.
Duration: Minimum period of study and research shall not be less than 3 years from the date of provisional registration of the candidate for the full time candidates, and shall not be less than 4 years for part time candidates. However, in case of exceptional performance, the period can be reduced with the recommendations of the Apex Research Committee (ARC) and approval of the Executive President.
Programme Duration: Minimum period of study and research shall not be less than 3 years from the date of provisional registration of the candidate. However, in case of exceptional performance , the period can be reduced with the recommendations of the Apex Research Committee ( ARC) and approval of the Executive President.
Research Assistantship: Research assistance, limited in number, shall be available to full time research scholars, based on recommendation of ARC / DRC.
Last date for submission of application form : July 29, 2014
Date of Entrance Test and Interview of shortlisted candidates : August 2-3, 2014
Please visit : www.indusuni.ac.in for further details including area of specialization, no. of seats and downloadable Application form
The completed application form is to be submitted by speed post only to:
PhD Admission Cell, Indus University
Indus Campus, Rancharda, Via: Thaltej, Ahmedabad-382115
Email : email@example.com
Contact : +91-2764-260277 / 78