IIST ADMISSION TEST (ISAT- 2011)
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) is a Deemed to be University funded by Department of Space offering undergraduate to post-doctoral programmes in Space Science and Technology. Located at Valiamala, Thiruvananthapuram, the Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities for high quality education and research. Assistanceship is provided to every B.Tech student to cover the cost of education including boarding and lodging. On successful completion of the course with a specified academic performance, they will be absorbed in ISRO as Scientists/Engineers. IIST now invites applications for admissions to its B.Tech Programmes in Aerospace Engineering, Avionics and Physical Sciences for the academic year 2011-12. Admissions will be based on performance in the IIST Admission Test (ISAT-2011) to be conducted on Saturday, 16″‘ April 2011 in 23 cities across the country. Candidates for ISAT-2011 have to register online at IIST website: www.iist.ac.in/isat2011 or alternative website: http://iist.isac.gov.in/iist and follow the instructions therein. The facility for Online Registration will be available from 8th November 2010 to 31st December 2010.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Candidates satisfying the following criteria can apply:
1. Citizenship: Indian.
2. Date of Birth: Should be on or after October 1, 1986 in the case of GEN/OBC candidates. Should be on or after October 1, 1981 in the case of SC/ST/PD candidates.
3. Qualifying Examination (QE): Must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination in the first appearance with an aggregate of 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (60% in the case of SC/ST/PD candidates), in the calendar year 2010 or 2011. Candidates who passed the QE earlier than 1st January 2010 are not eligible to apply. Those who are expecting the results later than July 1, 2011 are not eligible to apply.
4. Class X or equivalent: At least 70% marks for GEN/OBC category candidates and at least 60% marks for SC/ST/PD category candidates in aggregate, taking into account all subjects.
• The candidate must produce the proof of age at the time of Counseling.
• For converting letter grades/CGPA to marks in percentage, use the norms of the concerned Board of Examinations.
Examination Fee for GEN and OBC candidates is Rs.600/-and for SC/ST/PD and all female candidates is Rs.300/-. Examination fee is payable in any one of the branches of State Bank of India (SBI) or Punjab National Bank (PNB) only, by using the Challan in triplicate which is downloadable/printable on successful completion of Online Registration through the above website. Fee remitted in any other form will not be accepted.
The candidate has to choose any three different cities, in the order of preference of writing ISAT-2011, from the following:
• Ahmedabad • Bangalore • Bhubaneswar • Bhopal • Calicut • Chandigarh • Chennai • Dehradun • Delhi • Dispur • Hyderabad • Jaipur • Jodhpur • Kolkata • Lucknow • Mumbai • Nagpur • Patna • Port Blair • Ranchi • Thiruvananthapuram • Varanasi • Visakhapatnam.
The application process involves:
1. Online registration and submission of candidate details.
2. Printing of Challan from the website given above.
3. Remitting fees in any one of the branches of SBI or PNB.
4. Postal submission of Institute Copy of Challan by Speed Post to ISAT office.
RESERVATION OF SEATS
Seats are reserved for different categories as per the reservation policy of Govt. of India applicable to Central Educational Institutions.
Online Registration begins from: 8th November 2010
Last date of Online Registration: 31st December, 2010
Last date for fee remittance: 5th January, 2011
Last date of receipt of Institute copy of Challan: 15th January, 2011
Date of ISAT-2011: 16th April, 2011
Address of ISAT Office:
The Chairman, ISAT-2011,
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology,
Valiamala PO, Thiruvananthapuram 695 547, Kerala.
Helpline: 0471 -2568477, 2568478, 2568479
Home Page: www.iist.ac.in