The JEE (Main)-2020 will be conducted twice before admissions in the next academic session. The students will have following benefits of the new pattern:
- This will give one more opportunity to the students to improve their scores in examination if they fail to give their best in first attempt without wasting their whole academic year.
- In first attempt, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking an examination and to know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the second time.
- This will reduce chances of dropping a year and droppers would not have to waste a full year.
- If anyone missed the examination due to reasons beyond control, then he/she won’t have to wait for one full year.
- The student’s best of the two NTA scores will be considered for preparation of Merit List/ Ranking.
The first JEE (Main) – 2020 was held in January 2020 whereas the second will be held in April, 2020.
Mode of Examination
JEE (Main)-2020 will be conducted in the following modes:
- E. /B. Tech. in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only.
- B.Arch: Mathematics- Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only and Drawing Test -Part III in “Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on drawing sheet of A4 size.
- B.Planning: Mathematics- Part I , Aptitude Test-Part II and Planning Based Questions-Part III in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only.
Choice of Medium of Question Papers
The medium of Question Paper shall be in English, Hindi and Gujarati.
The option of question paper language should be exercised while filling up the Application Form and it cannot be changed at a later stage.
Please note that for correctness of the questions in all the question papers, the English version will be taken as final.
Details of Examination
Subject combinations for each paper, type of questions in each paper and mode of examination is given in the table below:
|PAPER||SUBJECTS||TYPE OF QUESTIONS||MODE OF EXAMINATION|
|B.E./B.Tech.||Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & Questions for which answer is a numerical value, with equal weightage to Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|B. Arch||Mathematics – Part I||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)& Questions for which answer is a numerical value||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Aptitude Test – Part II||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Drawing Test – Part III||Questions to test drawing aptitude||“Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on Drawing sheet|
|B. Planning||Mathematics – Part I||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)& Questions for which answer is a numerical value||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Aptitude Test – Part II||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Planning Based Questions – Part III||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
Syllabus: The details of syllabus are given on the websites: jeemain.nta.nic.in
JEE (Main) – 2020 Eligibility
Age Limit: For appearing in the JEE (Main) examination there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed class 12th / equivalent examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) examination – 2020. The candidates should also satisfy themselves about their fulfilling the age limit requirements of the Institutes in which they are desirous of taking admission. The candidates must note that the IITs have an age limit / restriction, which will be published in JEE(Advanced)-2020 Information Brochure.
List of Qualifying Examinations (QE)
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of at least 3 year duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination
Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2018 or 2019; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2020 are eligible to appear in JEE(Main) April -2020 Examination.
Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2017 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2021 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2020.
Candidates must note that the IITs permit only two attempts for the JEE (Advanced), i.e. a candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2019 or 2020, subject to the condition of not having been admitted at an IIT on earlier occasion. Details may be obtained from the Information Brochure of the JEE (Advanced)-2020.
Reservations: Refer to the attached information bulletin below.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS WITH DATES
|On-line submission of Application Form||07.02.2020 to 06.03.2020 (up to 11.50 p.m.)|
|Successful final transaction of fee||07.02.2020 to 07.03.2020 (through Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking/UPI and PAYTM Service up to 11.50 p.m.)|
|Fee payable for JEE (Main) April-2020||In India||Outside India|
B. Arch or
|General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL)||Boys-Rs 650/- Girls- Rs 325/-||Boys-Rs 3000/- Girls- Rs 1500/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Boys-Rs 325/- Girls- Rs 325/-||Boys-Rs 1500/- Girls- Rs 1500/-|
|B.E./B.Tech & B. Arch or
B.E./B.Tech & B. Planning or
B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch &
B. Planning or
B. Arch & B. Planning
|General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL)||Boys-Rs 1300/- Girls- Rs 650/-||Boys-Rs 6000/- Girls- Rs 3000/-|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Boys-Rs 650/- Girls- Rs 650/-||Boys-Rs 3000/- Girls- Rs 3000/-|
Processing charges and Goods & Service Taxes (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
How to Apply:
Candidates have to apply for JEE (Main) April-2020 “Online” ONLY by accessing the websites: www.nta.ac.in and jeemain.nta.nic.in The Application Form other than online mode would not be accepted in any case. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. More than one application i.e. Multiple application forms submitted by a candidate will be rejected.\\
|On-line submission of Application Form||07.02.2020 to 06.03.2020(Upto 11.50 p.m.)|
|Successful transaction of fee||07.02.2020 to 07.03.2020 (through Credit card/Debit card/Net banking/UPI/PayTM Service upto 11.50 p.m.)|
|Dates of Examination||Between 05.04.2020, 07.04.2020 to 09.04.2020 & 11.04.2020|
|Declaration of Result on NTA’s website||By 30.04.2020|
Block C-20/1A/8, Sector 62, Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida -201309 (UP)
Help Line: For Technical Support, contact following during working days between 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Call Centre Numbers: 0120-6895200
Websites: www.nta.ac.in and jeemain.nta.ac.in
Download the Notification for complete details:
Leave a Reply