1. OBJECTIVE: The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker families so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education and thus enhance their employability.
2. SCOPE: The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private college/university. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes at Graduation level.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Students who have passed Class XII exam or its equivalent in the Academic Year 2012-13 and are interested to pursue higher education in the field of
i) Medicine, Engineering, Graduation in any discipline, Diploma Course in any field or other equivalent courses.
ii) Vocational Courses through Government recognized Colleges/Institutes or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITI).
For i) above Candidates who have passed Class XII exam or equivalent in the Academic year 2012-13 with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade and annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed ` 1,00,000/- per annum.
For ii) above The basic educational qualification is relaxed to Class X or equivalent with at least 60% marks in the Academic year 2012-13 subject to income ceiling of parents/guardians.
4. DURATION: Scholarship shall be provided for the entire duration of the course subject to the candidate fulfilling the requisite eligibility conditions for renewal.
5. RATE OF SCHOLARSHIP: An amount of Rs.10,000/- per annum will be awarded to the selected candidate which is payable in ten monthly installments of ` 1,000/- each. The Scholarship amount will be transferred to Bank Account of the selected scholar through NEFT. Therefore in case the candidate is selected for scholarship, the Bank Account details and IFSC code are compulsory.
6. CONDITIONS FOR SCHOLARSHIP
(i) Scholarship shall be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 60% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.1,00,000/- per annum.
Last date for online application: 23 September 2014
MODE OF APPLYING: ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE LINK ON THE HOME PAGE.
For more details, visit: http://licindia.in/GJF_scholarship.htm
Apply online at: https://customer.onlinelic.in/LICEPS/portlets/visitor/GJF/GJFController.jpf