Defence Institute of Advanced Technology
(A Deemed to be University Under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956), Pune
M. Tech Programmes- July 2015 Batch
Applications are invited for admission to M. Tech Programmes, as per description below.
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), Deemed University (DU), contributes significantly in the sphere of Human Resources Development for the Defence Forces by way of imparting education and training on Defence Technology to the officers of Armed Forces, Scientists of the DRDO, Technical Officers of the Ordnance Factory Board, Directorate of Quality Assurance, Public Sector Undertakings, General Public and friendly foreign countries. The University conducts M.Tech and Ph.D Programmes and offers a number of short-term courses.
Applications are invited for admission to following M. Tech programs
|Sl. No||Name of the Program||Descriptions|
|1.||M.Tech in Sensor Technology with Specialisation in Laser & ElectroOptics||(A) Eligibility:
(i) Qualification Requirements: 55% marks or 5.5 CGPA in Master degree or equivalent in Physics / Applied Physics / Electronics / Electronic Science/Instrumentation or a B. E. / B. Tech / B. Sc (Engineering) degree or equivalent in Electronics/ Electrical /Communication/ Telecommunication / Electronics / Instrumentation / E&TC Engineering / Engineering Physics
(ii) Age limit: Not more than 26 years as on July 1, 2015. Relaxations as per GOI rules apply to SC / ST / OBC / PH applicants
(B) No. of Seats: 06 (Six)
(C) Course Fee & Other Charges: Selected candidates for the M.Tech are required to pay Semester Fee @Rs. 10000/- per semester (subject to revision) payable immediately on joining and a caution deposit (refundable at the end of the Programme less dues if any) of Rs.10,000/-, commencing from July 2015.
(D) Scholarship: Selected candidate will be eligible for applying for scholarship [Rs.12400/- per month at present] under DBT Scheme of AiCTE during the M.Tech Course, subject to attendance. No financial support will be available from DIAT (DU), Pune
|2||M.Tech in Technology Management||(A) Eligibility:
(i) Qualification Requirements: 55% marks or 5.5 CGPA in B. E. / B. Tech / M. Sc.
(ii) Age limit: No age limit.
(B) No. of Seats: 06 (Six)
(C) Course Fee & Other Charges: Selected candidates for the M.Tech are required to pay Fee @Rs. 2,51,000/- per year (subject to revision) payable immediately on joining and a caution deposit (refundable at the end of the Programme less dues if any) of Rs.10,000/-, commencing from July 2015.
(D) Scholarship: No Scholaship will be available from DIAT (DU), Pune and under DBT Scheme of AICTE.
HOW TO APPLY: Candidates can download the form from the website www.diat.ac.in. Application fee of Rs.200/- (100/- for SC/ST candidates) per programme is required to be paid by Demand Draft drawn in favour of Vice Chancellor, DIAT, Pune, payable at Pune. Filled application form has to be forwarded to the Deputy Registrar (Academics), Defence Institute of Advance Technology, Pune 411025 along with the DD drawn and with the self certified copies of mark lists, certificates and other testimonials. These documents should reach DIAT latest by 15 Jun 2015. Application will be processed only on receipt of the acknowledgement with DD. Also Candidates seeking admission to more than one program need to apply separately.
- Since the applications may be short listed, mere possessing of the prescribed qualifications would not entitle a person to be called for interview, if any. The Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview (if any) to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications / marks higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- For short listing of candidates, the department screening committee may prepare branch wise list (i.e. different GATE score cut-off) where Qualification requirements are various branches.
- Application once made will not be allowed to withdrawn and fees once paid will NOT be refunded on any count nor can it be held in reserve for any other admission process
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification. Postal delay shall not be entertained.
- No correspondence will be entertained in respect of advertisement, interview, selection etc. The list of Shortlisted candidate will be displayed on http://diat.ac.in website alongwith other information viz. date of Interview (if any) / Result. The candidates are requested to check the DIAT (DU) Website http://diat.ac.in for related information from time to time.
- The application process will start on: 25 May 2015
- Last Date of receipt of application: 12 Jun 2015
- Tentative Date of Interview/Result: 4th week of Jun 2015
- Tentative date of commencement of the programme: 06 Jul 2015
Download the notification for complete details: