The Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Programme at London Metropolitan University has been set up to honour the major political and spiritual leader of India, who is officially honoured in India as the Father of the Nation.
The scholarship supports one student from India and covers the tuition fees for a Master’s programme at London Met.
The scholarship will be awarded to the most outstanding postgraduate student on the basis of excellent academic performance in India.
The recipient must also demonstrate the potential for leadership and social change as exemplified by Gandhi.
Important entry criteria
- have an unconditional offer to study at London Met on one of London Met’s Masters courses.
- have 80% or above in Class X.
- have 80% or above in Class XII.
- have a First Class Honours Bachelors degree from a good Indian university.
- have an overall IELTS score of 7.5 with a minimum of 7.0 in each component or SELT equivalent.
- be a national of India.
How to apply
- Scholarship applicants can complete and email the Word Scholarship application form or apply online.
- The deadline is 30 April 2014 for the September 2014 intake.
- Students short-listed for the awards will be invited to come to Delhi Gandhi Smriti for one day for selection. This will consist of a group discussionwith the panel, a 6 minute presentation from each candidate, followed by questions.
When emailing your application, please ensure to include the following in the subject heading: Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship application.
Notification on the university website can be found HERE.