Applications are invited for four ICSSR and one EA Fellowships for Ph.D. in Social Sciences (Economics / Sociology / History / Political Science / Anthropology). Candidates who got JRF from UGC can also apply. Reservation as per UGC norms. Selection of candidates will be strictly on the basis of the availability of Supervisors and their area of specialization.
- Post Graduation with, at least, 55% marks in (Economics, Sociology, History, Political Science, and Anthropology). Inter-disciplinary proposals are also welcome.
- Candidate should have cleared National Eligibility Test (NET) or obtained M. Phil or have published two research articles in reputed journals in social sciences (please attach reprints)
- Scholars are eligible to register only after a six-month Pre-Ph.D. Foundation Course. In case of the non-clearance of Foundation Course/non-registration, his/her fellowship may be discontinued.
- The employed applicants have to take consent from their employer at the time of submitting their application form for the award of the fellowship.
- Only those employed candidates, who are the employed in an organization, which follows the UGC or Central/State Government norms, would be eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Candidates who got JRF from UGC can also apply. They have to apply for fellowship directly to UGC to get the fellowship through MIDS.
- Reservation as per UGC norms.
Age: The upper age limit for a doctoral fellow is below 35 years as on September 1, 2013 (relaxable by 5 years in case of SC/ST). For teachers and professional staff of research institute holding regular posts, the upper age limit would be 45 years.
Value of the Fellowship & Contingency Grant: As approved by ICSSR the Fellowship amount for the first two years will be of Rs. 16,000/= per month with a contingency of Rs. 15,000/= per year. Duration of the Fellowship is two years and extendable by one year. This extension is applicable to unemployed scholars subject to satisfactory performance.
Last Date: The last date for the receipt of completed applications along with the research proposal (not exceeding 1000 words) is 4.9.2013. The completed applications along with the research proposal may be sent to:
Madras Institute of Development Studies
79, Second Main Road, Gandhi Nagar, Adyar
Chennai Ц 600 020
Read the official notification for further details and downloading of Application Form HERE: http://www.mids.ac.in/phd2013.htm
Leave a Reply