INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY BOMBAY
Powai, Mumbai – 400 076
Admission to Post-Graduate Programmes
Applications are invited for admission to the M.Tech., M.Tech. + Ph.D. (Dual Degree), Ph.D., and M.Phil. Programmes for the Academic Year 2014-15 starting from July 2014.
For M.Tech., M.Tech.+Ph.D. (Dual Degree) and Ph.D. Programmes, applications have to be submitted ONLINE. For M.Phil. Programme, application have to be submitted using downloadable application form.
|Programme||Minimum Eligibility criterion|
|M.Tech.||General Eligibility for M.Tech. Programmes in all Departments/ Centres/ Schools/ Interdisciplinary groups/ Cross-Departmental ProgrammesCandidates with First class or 60% (55% marks for SC/ST) marks in B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Sc. (Engg.)/ M.Sc. /M.C.A./ MBBS / M.Pharm/ B.Pharm (4 yr. Degree)/ BDS (4 yr. Degree)/ Associate Membership Examinations conducted by recognized professional bodies (like Institution of Engrs. (India), Institute of Chemical Engrs., Aeronautical Society of India, Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engrs., Indian Institute of Metals etc.) and recognized as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Degree.
The eligibility criteria for different programmes, admission categories and the requirement for GATE or other qualifying examinations are given in the M.Tech. Information Brochure 2014-15.
Admission for IIT B.Tech. degree holders
|M.Tech. + Ph.D. (Dual Degree)||Candidates eligible for admission to M.Tech. Progamme are also eligible for M.Tech.+ Ph.D. Dual Degree Programme, in certain disciplines/ specializations. There is a common application for M.Tech. and M.Tech.+ Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programme.Candidates after getting admission to M.Tech. Programme will be considered for M.Tech. + Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programme if they have opted for it in the application.|
|Ph.D.||General Eligibility criterion for Admission in all Departments/Centres/ Schools/ Interdisciplinary Groups.
ONE of the following in appropriate subject areas:
1) Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent, with First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST)
2) Master’s degree in Science or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent, with First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST). For admission in the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences and in the Industrial Design Centre, the percentage requirement is 55% marks or equivalent (50% for SC/ST). Candidates meeting this requirement must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements :
– Valid Gate Score
– CSIR/UGC/NBHM / DBT / DST Inspire Award or Fellowship.
– Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience, for Sponsored (SW) / Self-Financed (SF) /Institute Staff (IS) category.
-Minimum 6 months project work experience in IIT Bombay, for Project Staff (PS) category. Requirements for Teaching Assistantship (TAship)/ Research Assistantship (RAship)
Candidates with Master’s Degree in Engineering / Technology are eligible for TAship/RAship. Candidates without Master’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology require either a valid GATE score or CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ DST Inspire fellowship to be considered for TA/ RAship.In addition to the general eligibility criterion, the applicant must satisfy the eligibility criteria specified for the respective Departments/Centres/ Schools/ Interdisciplinary Groups.Admission for IIT B.Tech. degree holders
Candidate having an IIT B.Tech. Degree and having a CGPA/CPI score of 8.00 (on 0-10 scale) and above are exempted from requirement of GATE qualification. They will be admitted to Ph.D. Programme under TA/RA positions through written test / interview.
|M.Phil (Planning & Development)||Candidates should satisfy at least one of the following criteria:
1) Master’s degree in Arts, Commerce or equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent letter grade (50% marks for SC/ST) from a recognized university or deemed university.
2) B.Tech./M.Sc. degree or equivalent with adequate background in Social Sciences with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent letter grade (55% marks for SC/ST).Admission to this programme is open to those who qualify in M.Phil. Entrance Test (MET) / GATE/ UGC-JRF/ UGC-LECTURERSHIP.Those appearing for the above exams may also apply. Those who are in service can apply as sponsored candidates. The selection will be based on the qualifying test and interview.
Please read the guide-lines for respective programmes in the Brochure. Schedule for PG Admissions for year 2014-15
|Programme||Mode of Application||Availability of application forms||Last date for receipt of completed application forms|
Download the notification for complete details: