The national aptitude test in architecture (NATA) measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture
Eligibility: Any person having passed 10th Standard or equivalent examination, for details Clause 2 “Eligibility” in the NATA Brochure.
Test Centers: At designated Test Centers located at centers/colleges/ schools of architecture in India. Updated list of Test centers is available at the website http://www.nata.in
Test Dates: NATA can be given on any working day except national holidays from 14th March onwards. The NATA shall be conducted in two phases i.e. Phase – I from 14.03.2014 to 25.05.2014 and Phase – II from 01.06.2014 to 31.08.2014 at designated Test Centers.
How to Register:
1. Candidate can apply for registration for NATA 2014 online at website http://www.nata.in by paying fees of Rs.1000.00 either through credit cards / debit cards / netbanking or can generate the challan for depositing the fees by way of cash in any of the branch of the ICICI Bank Ltd. all over India (processing charges extra).
2. Identify a Test Center (from the website http://www.nata.in) at a location convenient to the candidate.
3. Approach the Test Center with the printout of the online form filled alongwith required documents and proof for the payment made.
4. Select convenient date for appearing for the NATA.
5. Request Test Center to register the candidate on the selected date.
6. Procure Receipt cum Appointment voucher from the Test Center.
7. Appear for NATA on the registered date.
How to appear: Report to the test center at least 30 minutes before scheduled time of test with Receipt cum Appointment voucher, valid photo ID and drawing material required for the test. Test Center personnel will guide you regarding the further process.
Results: The score cards will be available on NATA website in e-format, usually, on the fourth working day after the test.
Passing Score: As per Council of Architecture admission guidelines, a candidate applying to any school / college of architecture in India should have achieved 40% score in NATA, i.e. at least 80/200, for consideration of admission into first year B.Arch.
Where can a candidate seek admission on the basis of NATA? A candidate may apply for admission to any of the participating institutions as per the time schedule specified by the respective appropriate admission authority, along with all the documents desired by it.
Download the brochure for complete details: