NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ELECTRONICS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Ph: +91-495-2287266; Fax: +91-495-2287168
About the Institute: National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), Calicut is an autonomous body of Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Ministry of Communications & Information Technology (MCIT), Government of India. This institute was established in 1989 and is located adjacent to the National Institute of Technology Calicut, about 20 km east of Calicut city. The Institute received assistance from UNDP (United Nations Development Program) and was also a participating institution under Project IMPACT of the World Bank and Swiss Development Co-operation for infrastructure development and faculty training.
About the Course: The M.Tech courses in ‘Embedded Systems’ and ‘Electronics Design Technology’ are four semester programs. These courses focus on practical design aspects of Embedded Systems and Electronic Product Design and are intended for students who wish to work in the Industry as Design Engineers. The core and elective papers are practical oriented. This program is also an excellent one for those aspiring to take teaching as a profession.
a. The candidate shall be an Indian National
b. The candidate should have passed the B.Tech course or equivalent from an institution approved by the All India Council for Technical Education.
c. The eligible branches of engineering for each M.Tech are given under the eligibility criteria.
d. Candidates should have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the engineering degree examination. For SC/ST candidates, a pass in the engineering degree course is sufficient. For SEBC/PWD candidates, a minimum of 54% (aggregate) marks in the Engineering Degree examination is mandatory.
e. Admission shall normally be restricted to those candidates who have a valid GATE Score.
f. However Non GATE candidates can also apply. They will be considered against the vacancies due to lack of candidates with valid GATE score. These unfilled GATE seats will be filled with NON GATE candidates from Kerala State. They have to produce nativity certificate. If seats are still remaining vacant, candidates from other states will be considered for admission.
g. GATE score is not needed for Sponsored candidates.
h. Candidates who have passed AMIE/AMIETE Examination in Electronics and satisfying the following conditions are also eligible for admission.
a. They must have a valid GATE score
b. A Minimum marks of 55% in section B in AMIE/AMIETE Examination
c. Minimum 3 years of professional experience in the field of specialization after acquiring the qualifying degree.
i. GATE qualified candidates who have appeared for the final examination may also apply provided the results (mark lists/ confidential mark lists) are made available on or before 14-07-2015. Such candidates may be considered for provisional admission. Any candidate admitted provisionally as mentioned above shall have to discontinue the course, if he/she does not produce the final complete mark list and provisional/ degree certificate on or before 31.08.2015.
The admission to the course shall be based on the following criteria:
1. For General and SC/ST category admission, preference shall be given to candidates who have a valid GATE score.
2. Should have passed the B.Tech/B.E course with a minimum of 60% marks.
3. SC/ST candidates should have minimum pass mark.
4. SEBC/PWD candidates should have a minimum of 54% (aggregate) marks in the Engineering Degree examination.
5. Should have valid GATE Score (see the eligibility criteria for each M.Tech)
6. Any seats unfilled by eligible GATE qualified candidates shall be filled with NON GATE candidates from KERALA state, the selection of which shall be based on marks in the qualifying degree examination. They should produce nativity certificate.
7. GATE qualified candidates awaiting results, but who have completed the engineering degree course and passed all subjects and are able to produce the proof of passing with complete mark lists or confidential mark lists from University on or before 14.07.2015 shall be considered for provisional admission. They have to produce the complete mark lists and provisional/degree certificate
on or before 31.07.2015. If they fail to meet admission criteria, the fees paid by them will not be refunded in any case.
8. In the case of students with the same GATE score then the selection shall be based on the marks in the Qualifying degree.
Fees: Fees shall be Rs 65,000/- per semester which includes the semester tuition fees of Rs 50,000/- and special laboratory tuition fees of Rs 15,000/-. University affiliation, examination and other fees is approximately Rs 8,000/- per year. Refundable caution deposit is Rs 5,000/-. The semester fee is excluding the hostel and food charges.
SC/ST students are eligible for full tuition fee waiver. However they need to pay the refundable caution deposit of Rs 5,000/- and University affiliation fee of Rs 8,000/-. Physically handicapped candidates can avail of 25% fee exemption on the tuition fee, if their annual family income is below Rs 1,00,000/- for which they need to produce income certificate from a Tahsildar. Other university fees shall be extra for students of all categories. Semester exam fees shall be as decided by KTU from time to time.
How to Apply?
1. Candidates should apply on-line. After filling all the required fields, a print out of the application should be taken and sent to the M.Tech coordinator, NIELIT Calicut along with the appropriate application fees. On-line application link is – http://regn.calicut.nielit.in/
2. In case the on-line mode is not possible, one can use the appropriate application form for admission to M.Tech programme obtained from NIELIT Calicut or downloaded from NIELIT Calicut Website calicut.nielit.gov.in
3. A passport size photograph taken not earlier than 3 months is to be affixed on the Application Form. The photo in the application should be self-attested. Four more copies of the same photograph and one stamp size photograph should be produced at the time of counselling/admission.
For more details, download the attached brochure: