NIFT offers Ph.D. in the areas of design, management and technology as applied with broad reference to textiles, fashion, lifestyle and apparel sectors of the industry. The programme is designed for the purpose of carrying out research in textiles, fashion and the apparel sector to create a body of original knowledge for the use of academia, industry, policymakers and other stake holders.
ELIGIBILITY: Following qualifications are eligible for consideration for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
1. Post Graduation degree in the relevant area of Design, Management or Technology (or) equivalent qualification from an institute/ university of national/ international repute with minimum 7 years of education after secondary (Class X) last of which was the Master’s degree.
2. Where the Master’s Degree is found to be not relevant to the area of Research, a minimum 10 years of professional experience (teaching / working) in the proposed area of research is required.
3. A minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of6.0 ona10 point scale (5.5 for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent as determined by the institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 55% (50% for SC/ST candidates) marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) where marks are awarded in the Post-Graduation degree.
4. The area of research of the applicant has to be relevant to the field of fashion in terms of design, technology and management..
5. Candidates who are employed besides fulfilling the above eligibility criteria are required to submit “No Objection” certificate from their current employer including NIFT.
SHORTLISTING, SELECTION & PRELIMINARY REGISTRATION
On the basis of the Research Proposal and the Form submitted, the candidates will be shortlisted and invited for a personal interview. Based on the interview, the final selection of the candidates for the preliminary registrationfor Ph.D. willbedone.
HOW TO APPLY: Application Form and brochure can be downloaded from the website www.nift.ac.in or purchased from the Admissions Office, NIFT, New Delhi through DD of Rs.300/-in favour of NIFT, New Delhi payable at Delhi.
- Candidates belonging to General/OBC Category, who have purchased the Application Form are required to submit a Demand Draft of Rs.2000/- drawn in favour of National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) payable at New Delhi, along with the Application Form.
- Candidates [General /OBC (Non-Creamy) Category] using the downloaded Application Form are required to submit a Demand Draft of Rs.2,300/- along with Application Form.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST Category, who have purchased the Application Form are required to submit a Demand Draft of Rs.1000/- drawn in favour of National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) payable at New Delhi, along with the Application Form.
- Candidates (SC/ST Category) using the downloaded Application Form are required to submit a Demand Draft of Rs.1,300/- along with Application Form.
Application Form complete in all respects should be sent to the following address on or before 17th April 2014
National Institute of Fashion Technology
NIFT Campus, Hauz Khas, New Delhi -110016
Availability of Application Forms: 21.03.2014
Last Date of Submission: 17.04.2014
List of Shortlisted candidates: 23.05.2014
Interview & Selection: 20.06.2014
Announcement of Results: 11.07.2014
Registration: 18.07.2014 to 23.07.2014
Semester Starts: 23.07.2014
Download the Brochure: