NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY CALICUT
NIT CAMPUS POST, CALICUT, KERALA – 673 601, INDIA
ADMISSION TO Ph.D. PROGRAMMES – December 2013
Facility for doing research leading to Ph.D. degree is available in the following departments /Schools:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Management Studies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nanoscience and Technology
Admission to the Ph.D. programmes will be in the following schemes: (i) Full-time (FT) (ii) Part-time (PT) (iii) Internal (IN) and (iv) External (EX). Ph.D. fellowships are available for candidates under Full-time scheme.
ELIGIBILITY & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO Ph.D. PROGRAMMES
The candidates for Ph.D. Programmes may be offered admission, based on certain minimum academic requirements to be satisfied by the candidates. The maximum age for admission to Ph.D. programme is 50 years.
SELECTION OF CANDIDATES
The admission to Ph.D. Programmes will be on the basis of written test and/or interview, by the respective Department/School.
HOW TO APPLY?
1. Apply online. The instructions for online submission of application are available in the admission webpage.
2. Before you start filling-in the online application form, keep the following documents ready with you
10th class certificate
Mark list of the under graduate and post graduate degree course and diploma (for lateral entry candidate)
Demand Draft towards application fee
3. Demand Draft towards application fee (Rs. 600/- for Open and OBC candidates, Rs. 300/- for SC/ST candidates) drawn in favour of “Director NIT Calicut” payable at State Bank of India, NIT Calicut Branch (Code No. 2207) is to be enclosed.
4. Printout of the Application with all the enclosures should be sent (in A4 size cover) by Registered Post/ Speed Post so as to reach the Chairperson – PG Admissions, National Institute of Technology Calicut, NIT Campus PO, Calicut – 673 601, Kerala on or before 11-11-2013.
IMPORTANT DATES (Tentative)
|Availability of Online Application in website||18th October 2013|
|Last Date for Receipt of Completed Applications||11th November 2013|
|Test / Interview||25th November 2013|
|Date of Admission and Reporting for the Programme||11th December 2013|
|Registration||17th December 2013|
|Orientation||17th December 2013|
|Commencement of Classes||18th December 2013|
Download the brochure for complete details HERE: