University Business School
Panjab University, Chandigarh (India)
Applications are invited for Two-year Full-time Management Programs
- Master of Business Administration MBA
- Master of Business Administration (International Business) MBA (IB)
- Master Of Business Administration (Human Resource) MBA (HR)
Candidates are required to visit the website http://ubsadmissions.puchd.ac.in for detailed instructions. The said website would remain open from November 10,2017 to December 15,2017. Hard copy of the application form alongwith necessary documents should reach the undersigned latest by 4 p.m on December 20, 2017. Application received after due date shall not be entertained.
THE MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION WOULD BE AS FOLLOWS:
(i) A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline of the University or a degree of any other University which has been recognized by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto with not Iess than 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/BC/PwD) in the aggregate. Provided that in the case of candidates having Bachelor’s degree of the University through Modern Indian Languages [Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi (Gurmukhi script) and/or in a Classical Language (Sanskrit/Persian/Arabic) or degree of any other University obtained in the same manner recognized by the Syndicate, 50% marks in the aggregate shall be calculated by taking into account full percentage of marks in all the papers in Language excluding the additional optional paper, English and the elective subject taken together.
(ii) A pass in the final examination conducted by the (a) Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, or (b) Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England, or (c) Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
(iii) AMIE Examination with 50% marks or more after having passed the diploma examination with 60% marks or above and have at least 5 years research/teaching .or professional experience.
(b) Minimum of 10% score (5% in case of SC/ST/BC/PwD candidates) in each component of the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2017 viz., quantitative, logic & data interpretation,and verbal and/or any other component which may be added later at any stage to the CAT 2017.
Application Fee: Candidates desirous of seeking admission to MBA Programmes shall pay Rs. 3250/- (Rs. 1625/- for SC / ST / PwD candidates) as application / registration fee (non-refundable) for participation in the admission process for the session 2018-19.
Category wise Break up of Seats for MBA
|PERSONS WITH DISABILITY #||3||2||2|
|DEFENCE SPONSORED OFFICER *||1||3||3|
|WARDS OF MARTYRS/PERMANENTLY DISABLED IN KARGIL WAR||1||1||1|
|WARDS OF KASHMIRI DISPLACED PERSON ***||1||1||1|
|ONE GIRL CHILD OUT OF THE ONLY TWO GIRLS CHILDREN/OGC ***||2||2||2|
|RURAL AREA STUDENTS***||2||2||2|
|BORDER AREA STUDENTS***||1||1||1|
* Additional seats are over and above the total sanctioned seat(s).
** Additional seats for wards of Kargil war as per syndicate decision of dated 29.7.2008.
*** Additional Seats and eligibility criteria subject to approval of the Syndicate of Panjab University.
# Subject to approval of the competent authority.
- Admission for these courses will be made on the basis of merit determined by scores of the candidates in Common Admission Test (CAT) 2017 conducted by IIMs, followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD & PI). All candidates aspiring to apply for MBA Programmes at UBS must take Common Admission Test (CAT) – 2017 conducted by the IIMs. The candidates are advised to visit UBS admission website http://ubsadmissions.puchd.ac.in for detailed instructions & procedure for participation in the admission process. The hard copy of the application along with necessary documents should reach UBS latest by 20th December, 2017 upto 04:00 p.m. Thereafter, no application shall be accepted. Panjab University shall not be responsible for any postal delay in delivery or loss in transit of application form.
- The candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview on the basis of their score in the CAT 2017 subject to the condition that they secure a minimum 10% score (5% in case of SC/ST/BC/PwD) candidates) in each component of CAT 2017 viz., quantitative logic & data interpretation, and verbal, and/or any other component which may be added later at any stage to the CAT 2017, Whether in the General Category or in any of the reserved categories, no candidate who has secured less than the said minimum score in CAT shall be eligible to be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- The number of candidates to be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview will be equal to eight times the total number of seats of all these courses in each category or the total number of eligible candidate, which ever is lower.
Explanation: While working out the percentage of seats in the reserved category (refer to guidelines for percentage of reserved/open seat), if the number arrived at contains a fraction, the same shall be resolved as follows:-lf the fraction is 0.5 or more, it shall be rounded off to 1; if it is less than 0.5, it shall be ignored. This shall, however, not affect the total number of seats in the General Category. To ensure this, if the total number of seats after making this adjustment, exceeds the prescribed number fixed for the course, the necessary additional seats shall be created with the prior permission of the D.U.I./ Vice-Chancellor, Such seats, if created, shall be treated as additional only for the year in question. The additional seats, if required to be created, shall be created only for the reserved category and not for the general category. Such additional seat, if remains unfilled, will not be converted to general category.
- The Group Discussion and Personal Interview of the short-listed candidates will be held at University Business School, Panjab University, Chandigarh. The invitation for attending GD/PI & schedule of GD/PI would be put on UBS admission website http://ubsadmissions.puchd.ac.in Alert about the schedule of GD/PI would be sent to the registered email address of the candidates. No other communication shall be made in this context.
Attendance in Group Discussion and Personal Interview is must. If any candidate does not attend any one of the components, GD or PI, his/her candidature shall stand cancelled.
- Final Merit List of all the candidates called and appeared for GD & PI will be prepared category-wise on the basis of their combined aggregate score in the CAT 2017, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- The weightage for CAT, Group Discussion and Personal Interview for preparing the final Merit List for admission will be as follows:
|WRITTEN TEST (CAT)||85% (OF CAT 2017 PERCENTAGE SCORE & NOT PERCENTILE)|
In case of a tie, following rules would apply:
- A candidate getting higher percentage in the qualifying examination shall rank higher in order of merit.
- That if the marks in the qualifying examination are also the same then the candidate obtaining more marks in the immediate lower examination shall rank higher in order of merit.
- That if two or more candidates secure equal marks in (i) & (ii) above, the candidate senior in age shall rank higher in order of merit.
Note: When the provisional lists of candidates (based on merit) are displayed on the Notice Board, the Chairperson shall mention the fact that this list is subject to change on account of improvement of result of the qualifying examination wherever applicable. The new result must be presented at the time of interview/operationalisation of the waiting list.
Admission shall be made strictly on the basis of merit.
In case of any further information contact :
UNIVERSITY BUSINESS SCHOOL,
CHANDIGARH – 160014 INDIA
Phone: +91(172) 2534702, 2534701, 2541389 Fax: +91(172) 2541591
Download the prospectus for complete details: