Indian Institute of Mass Communication
ADMISSION NOTICE 2014-2015
IIMC, an Internationally-known centre for training and research in Mass Communication, an autonomous body under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Govt of India, invites applications for the following courses.
1. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (English), New Delhi, Dhenkanal (Odisha), Aizawl (Mizoram), Amravati (Maharashtra), Jammu (J&K) and Kottayam (Kerala)
2. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Hindi), New Delhi
3. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Radio & Television Journalism, New Delhi
4. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Advertising and Public Relations, New Delhi
5. Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Odia) Dhenkanal (Odisha)
Duration: August 2014 to May 2015
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Those who have appeared/are appearing in final degree examinations are also eligible to apply.
Date of Birth: 1.8.1989 or later (for SCs/STs/PH 1.8.1984 or later and for OBC 1.8.1986 or later).
No. of Seats: 62+62+15+15+15+15 in Course No. 1, 62 in Course No. 2, 46 in Course No. 3, 70 in Course No. 4 and 23 in Course No. 5. Five seats available in each Course for NRIs/NRIs sponsored candidates, for which a separate prescribed application form should be submitted.
Reservation of Seats: As per Government of India Orders for SC/ST/PH/OBC candidates.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION AND EXAMINATION: Hindi and/or English; for Course No. 5: Odia.
Hostel: At Delhi and Aizawl: Limited accommodation only for outstation girl candidates. At Dhenkanal, Amravati, Jammu & Kottayam: Facilities available for both boys and girls. Courses Nos.1 & 2
Fees: Rs. 55,000/- each, Course No. 3 Rs. 1,00,000/-, Course No. 4 Rs. 77,000/- and Course No. 5 Rs. 30,000/-.
Entrance Examination: 31 May 2014 at New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Patna, Lucknow, Bhubaneshwar, Bhopal, Chennai, Jammu, Srinagar, Kochi, Nagpur, Aizawl and Guwahati centres. However, Entrance Examination for Odia Journalism (Course no.5) will be held on 1 June 2014 at Bhubaneshwar Centre only.
Interview: Last week of June/First week of July, 2014
For Course Nos. 1, 2, 3 & 4 – at New Delhi; For Course No. 5 – at Dhenkanal (Odisha)
1. Application forms can be purchased in person or by post.
Application forms and prospectus can be obtained on payment of Rs. 1200/- for general category and Rs. 1100/- for SC/ST/OBC/PH category through a demand draft only, drawn on any scheduled bank payable to Registrar IIMC at New Delhi, from IIMC New Delhi or IIMC Dhenkanal (Odisha). Request for application forms should be accompanied by a Demand Draft & a self-addressed stamped (Rs. 70/-) envelope (27×17 cm).
2. For on-line Application process
The application form can be filled after downloading from www.iimc.gov.in. Each application form must be accompanied by a Demand Draft of Rs. 1200/- for General & Rs.1100/- for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped categories drawn in favour of Registrar, IIMC New Delhi on or before 30th April 2014.
3. Important: The sale of application forms will commence at IIMC New Delhi and IIMC Dhenkanal from 10 March 2014. Application form for Course Nos. 1 and 2 is common. There are separate application forms/entrance examinations for Course Nos.3, 4 & 5. Candidates who wish to apply for more than one Course will have to fill separate application forms for each Course they wish to apply for.
Last date for issue of application forms is April 30, 2014.
Completed application forms with DD should reach Registrar, IIMC, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110067 on or before April 30, 2014.
For further Information Contact: New Delhi – 011-26741073, 26741352, 26741062, Fax : 011-26742462, 26741268, Dhenkanal 06762-226194 & 226196, Fax: 06762-226195, 226197
Website: www.iimc.gov.in, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply