Centre for Research
Bangalore – 560 029
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Christ University, formerly Christ College affiliated to Bangalore University was established in July 1969. It became the most preferred educational institution in the city of Bangalore within the first three decades. By the introduction of innovative curricula, insistence on academic discipline, imparting of ‘holistic education’ and with the help of the creative and dedicated staff, Christ College has been continually rated among the top- 10 educational institutions of the country.
Eligibility: The basic eligibility of candidates intending to pursue a doctoral programme is a pass with a minimum of 55% in a postgraduate programme and M Phil. Based on the academic performance of the candidate at the postgraduate level, she or he can be admitted to a PhD programme which includes a pre-doctoral course work for a minimum period of one semester. It comprises of Research Methodology which may include quantitative methods and computer applications. It may also involve reviewing of published research in the relevant field, specific research methodologies, bridging core subjects (for interdisciplinary research projects), electives etc.
Research Disciplines: Following academic disciplines have been identified for the doctoral research programme: Psychology, Physics, Education, Engineering, Sociology, Management, Commerce, Computer Science, Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics, Media Studies, English Literature, Social Work, Tourism and Law
How to Apply: Candidates can apply online. Application form of the university along with the research proposal containing the details as per the prescribed format (1500 words), submitted in three sets of hard copy and one set of soft copy, together with a nonrefundable registration fee of Rs 1000/-.
Important Dates – 2014
1. Announcement and issue of Application Forms: August 20, 2014
2. Last date to Issue / Apply: October 25, 2014
3. Last date to receive the filled in Application Form with Supporting Documents: October 31, 2014
4. Selection Process Date: November 7, 2014
5. Selection Process Results: November 29, 2014
6. Last date for the Payment of Fees: December 13, 2014
7. Inauguration of PhD Course 2014 (Signing of Documents and Interaction with the Guides): December 15, 2014 Time: 9.30 am Venue: Room No.802 Auditorium Block
For more details, visit: http://www.christuniversity.in/azadmission.php#14
Rules & Regulations: