P. V. NARSIMHA RAO TELANGANA VETERINARY UNIVERSITY
RAJENDRANAGAR: HYDERABAD 500030
Faculty of Veterinary Science
Admission into PhD course – 2017-18
Last date for receipt of Applications: 02-12-2017
Date of Entrance test: 11-12-2017
Date of Interview: 21-12-2017
Date of Registration of I semester 2017-18: 29-12-2017
Test Centre: College of Veterinary Science, Rajendranagar
Telangana State was formed, as per “Andhra Pradesh State Reorganization Act 2014 of Government of India; on 02-06-2014. SRI P. V. NARSIMHA RAO TELANGANA STATE UNIVERSITY FOR VETERINARY, ANIMAL AND FISHERY SCIENCES (SPVNR TSU VAFS), Rajendranagar, Hyderabad was formed through GO Ms. 1 issued by AH, DD and Fisheries Department; Govt. of Telangana State by way of bifurcating Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University, Tirupati. The new University started functioning from the old premises of College of Veterinary Science, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad from 22nd of November 2014 adopting the Statutes of SVVU in totality. Later it was renamed as PV Narsimha Rao Telangana Veterinary University (PVNR TVU).
The College of Veterinary Science, Rajendranagar was started in Osmania University in the year 1946. In the year 1964 it became part of the newly formed A.P. Agricultural University (APAU) and was shifted to the present premises in the year 1968. Later on A. P. Agricultural University was renamed as Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University (ANGRAU) in the year 1999. Subsequently, College of Veterinary Science Rajendranagar became part of Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University, Tirupati on 21-06-2005 and had celebrated its Diamond Jubilee year during 2005-2006. A new College of Veterinary Science was started in the year 200809 in Korutla of Jagtial District.
The Mandate of this University is to strengthen teaching, farmer oriented research and extension activities in Veterinary and allied fields. It imparts instruction in English leading to award of the MVSc. degree in the faculty of Veterinary Science at College of Veterinary Science, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad.
Institutions under PVNRTVU
- College of Veterinary Science, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad.
- College of Veterinary Science, Korutla, Jagtial District.
- College of Dairy Technology, Kamareddy, Kamareddy District.
- College of Fishery science, Pebbair, Wanaparthy District
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Mahabubnagar.
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Karimnagar.
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Siddipeta, Medak District.
- Animal Husbandry Polytechnic, Mamnoor, Warangal District.
- Poultry Research Station, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad.
- Livestock Research Station, Mahabubnagar.
- Livestock Research Station Mamnoor, Warangal District.
- Fisheries Research Station, Palair, Khammam District.
a) Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Mamnoor, Warangal District.
Number of seats
The details of seats available for fresh candidates for admission into Ph. D course in various major fields of study are as shown in APPENDIX II.
3 (A) Qualifications
Master of Veterinary Science or an equivalent examination in Veterinary Science from PVNR TVU/SVVU/ APAU/ ANGRAU or from an institution accredited by ICAR in the concerned field of specialization with at least 70% marks in the aggregate under traditional system of examination or an OGPA of 2.7 or above in 4.00 point scale or OGPA of 6.50 or above in 10.00 point scale in grade point system. In the case of SC, ST and PH candidates, 60% marks in the aggregate under traditional system in Master of Veterinary Science or OGPA of 2.5 out of 4.00 or 6.00 out of 10.00 under Grade Point system is sufficient. The basic undergraduate degree in B. V. Sc. /B. V. Sc & A. H is essential. The candidates awaiting final thesis viva voce result may also apply. But they have to produce provisional certificate on or before the date of entrance examination failing which they shall not be allowed for entrance examination.
For admission into Ph. D in following specializations in Veterinary Science, candidates who possess M. V. Sc. in Major fields specified against each of the subjects mentioned are also eligible.
|Major Field of study in Ph. D||M. V. Sc Qualification|
|Livestock Production and Management||Dairy Production|
|Livestock Products Technology||Dairy Technology Meat Science & Technology|
|Animal Nutrition||Feed and Fodder Technology|
(B) Age: The upper age limit is 50 years as on 01-07-2017 including ICAR senior Research fellowship holders.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION: The weightage of marks will be as follows:
|•||M. V. Sc||20|
|•||B. V. Sc||10|
Selection of candidates for admission to Ph. D courses shall be made by a Selection Committee constituted by the Vice-Chancellor. The candidates who are eligible for admission to the course should appear for entrance test and interview before selection committee at PVNRTVU, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad at their own expenses.
Allocation of seat to PG Course in different Department shall be done as per the procedure given below.
- As Number of seats in all departments put together are small in number, common roster system for all departments will be followed.
- The seats shall be reserved in favour of SC, ST, BC, as follows: 15% to Scheduled Caste (SC), 6% to Scheduled Tribes (ST), and 29% to Backward Classes (BC).Reservation to BC will be further divided as follows; BC -A 7%, BC-B-10%, BC-C 1%, BC-D 7%, and BCE 4%.
- 100 points roster issued by the Government from time to time shall be followed for reserving seats in favour of SC, ST, BC and OC. This year roster will be followed from point No 1 and next year it will be followed from the last point of this year. For example there are 42 seats for PG for this academic year 2017-2018. Hence, roster No.1 to 42 will be used this year and next year it will start from serial number 43.
- Allocation of departments through counselling: – The top ranker every year will be called first and department will be allotted as per his choice and roster point meant for OC- General will be ticked (considered as filled up).
- After that, candidates will be called in the sequence of roster points for counselling and department allotted as per their choice subject to availability at their turn.
- The 33 1/3% will be reserved for women and 3% of seats to differently- abled candidates on horizontal basis.
HOW TO APPLY:
The applications shall be downloaded from http://tsvu.nic.in. The downloaded and duly filled in application along with attested copies of required certificates and roof of application fee transfer reach the Registrar, PVNR TVU, Administrative Office, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad 500030 on or before 02-12-2017 by 4.00 p.m. either in person or by Post. Application received after this due date will summarily be rejected. The University is not responsible for any postal delay.
Employed candidates should send their applications through proper channel. However, such candidates may send an advance copy of application with certificates, direct to the Registrar, PVNR TVU, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad- 500 030 to avoid delay in forwarding of application by their employers.
The list of eligible candidates for entrance examination will be displayed on University Website. The Hall Tickets can be obtained from Examinations Section, Administrative Office, PVNR TVU during working hours from 8th-9th, December, 2017.
Download the official notification for complete details: