Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan
56-57, Institutional Area,
Janakpuri, New Delhi:-110058.
Notification for Financial Assistance for award of Scholarship to students of Sanskrit Pathashalas/Mahavidyalaya/High/Higher Secondary School/Colleges during the year-2014-2015.
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed University), New Delhi is set-up by the Government of India for propagation and promotion of Sanskrit languages which invites applications in the prescribed form for award of merit Scholarship to:-
Regular students pursuing higher course of studies in Sanskrit including Pali/Prakrit in any recognized traditional Pathshalas & modern institutions in Secondary/Senior Secondary Schools from 9th to 12th standard and the levels of Shastri/Graduation/Acharya/Post Graduation/Vidyavaridhi/Ph.D.
The details for grant of Scholarship are as under:
|S. No.||Courses of study for which Scholarship is given||Eligibility Criteria||Scholarship amount|
|1.||Class 9th and 10th standard/Purva- Madhyama or equivalent courses with Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a paper of at-least 100 marks.||Must have passed the previous examination of the respective class with a minimum of 60% marks and also 60% in the concerned subject i.e. in Sanskrit/Pali/ Prakrit.||Rs.250/- p.m. for 10 months|
|2.||Class 11th and 12th standard/Prak- Shastri/Uttarmadhyama and equivalent courses with Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a paper of at-least 100 marks.||Must have passed the previous examination of the respective class with a minimum of 60% marks and also 60% in the concerned subject i.e. in Sanskrit/Pali/ Prakrit.||Rs.300/- p.m. for 10 months|
|3.||Shastri/Graduaton/B.A./B.A.(Hons.) and equivalent course of three years duration with Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a subject of atleast 100 marks.||Must have passed Plus 2 level examination with a minimum 60% marks or equivalent in the aggregate and also in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit.||Rs. 400/- p.m. for 10 months|
|4.||Acharya/M.A. Degree in Sanskrit/Pali/ Prakrit and its equivalent Post-Graduation Degree.||Must have passed Graduation with at-least 60% marks in the aggregate in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit.||Rs.500/- p.m. for 10 months|
|5.||Vidyavaridhi/Ph.D. and equivalent in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit.||Must have passed Acharya or M.A. in Sanskri/Pali/Prakrit with at-least 60% marks in the aggregate.||Rs.1500/- p.m. +Rs.2000/- per year as contingent for two years.|
Note:- The student of Vidyavaridhi/Ph.D. and equivalent courses shall also be entitled for a contingency grant of Rs.2000/- per annum for two years.
Number of Scholarship: Number of Scholarships to be awarded each year depends on the availability of funds.
Relaxation: Minimum percentage of marks for the candidates belonging to the categories mentioned below under eligibility criteria shall be as under :-
- SC/ST – 50%
- OBC – 55%
- Physically Handicapped – 50%
Terms & Conditions:
1. Students must have opted for the subject i.e. Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit in the current class of Study for which he or she has applied for the Scholarship. However, the grants of Scholarship will depend on the marks secured in the previous class of study in the concerned subject.
2. The Scholarship will be tenable for one Academic year i.e (10 months) starting from the 1st July and ending with 30th April. As Scholarship is awarded only for one academic year on the basis of marks obtained in the previous examination, students have to apply every year afresh. It will not be renewed automatically.
3. The Scholarship for the Ph.D will be tenable for two full years i.e. 24 months subject to satisfactory progress report. The student shall send Utilization Certificate and progress report on the work done by the scholar through the guide and Head of the Department, to enable the Sansthan to release Scholarship for the second year.
4. The students of faculties of Arts or Humanities having Sanskrit as a major subject will be eligible for scholarship in case of Graduation and Post Graduation level only.
5. Candidates applying for scholarship for Class 9th and 10th must submit the application duly countersigned by the concerned District Education Officer.
Application procedure: The application on the prescribed form alongwith attested copies of the marksheet of the latest qualifying examination and caste/category certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped issued by the Competent Authority must be attached with application form and sent to the Registrar, Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed University), 56-57, Institutional Area, Janakpuri, New Delhi:-110058 Latest by 10th October,2014. The application form can also be download from Sansthan’s website www.sanskrit.nic.in
Last date: 10th October, 2014
Download the notification for complete details: