The S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, a premier autonomous research institution engaged in advanced scientific research in frontier areas, and funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, invites application from motivated students (having consistent academic record with First Division/Class) for its residential Post-M.Sc.-Ph.D Programmes 2011 and Post- B.Sc Integrated Ph.D Programme 2011.
A. Post-M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programme 2011
Basic qualification: M.Sc in Physics including Biophysics and Chemical Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics with First Class/Division.
1. Eligibility for Interview: Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview during the period from April to June 2011 based on their JEST 2011 score and/or CSIR-UGC-NET (JRF/LS). For exact dates for interview, please see the website after 1st April 2011.
2. Monthly Stipend: As per Government of India Rules.
3. Application Deadline: 15th April 2011
B. Integrated Ph.D. Programme in Physical Sciences (IPhD-PH) 2011
Basic qualification: B.Sc with First Class/Division with Honours/Majors in Physics with mathematics as one of the subjects.
1. Eligibility for Interview: Short listed candidates with eligible score in JEST 2011 and/or NGPE 2011 will be considered for interview. In addition, a written test will be conducted by SNBNCBS in June 2011 at different Centres throughout the Country and the successful candidates will also be considered for interview.
2. Interview of Shortlisted Candidates: For exact dates for interview visit our website after 1st April 2011.
3. Monthly Stipend: Rs 12,000 for admitted students in the first two years. The successful completion of the Course Work will lead to an M.Sc Degree by the University of Calcutta, and thereafter, upon meeting the eligibility criteria, the students will be inducted as JRF.
4. Application Deadline: 15th April 2011.
The candidates have to apply online. Please log on to http://www.bose.res.in/admission.htm for details and the online application form. The facility for online login will open on 28 March 2011.
DEAN (ACADEMIC PROGRAMME)
Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences
Block-JD. Sector-III, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700 098