Shiv Nadar University
School Of Engineering
PhD Admission announcement: 2014-15 Computer Science and Engineering
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) at the School of Engineering (SoE) in Shiv Nadar University (SNU) offers you a unique opportunity for higher education in engineering. The facilities and faculty are exceptional and at par with the best in the world. Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme in CSE. All Ph.D. students selected are offered attractive assistantship with Tuition and Hostel Fee Waiver. Hard copy of the filled and signed application form, all enclosures along with demand draft of rupees one thousand must reach us by the due date mentioned below. Following are the details of the programme. For more information about the areas of research (as mentioned below) available for this admission cycle, the prospective candidates may contact: Dr. Debopam Acharya, Head of Department, Computer Science and Engineering at email@example.com.
|Programmes, Dept.||Eligibility criteria||Offered Research Areas|
|PhD, CSE||First Division in ME / M.Tech or equivalent in relevant discipline from a recognized technical Institute or University.
B.E. / B.Tech. in relevant branch of engineering or equivalent degree with exceptionally good academic credentials, good GATE/CSIR/UGC-NET score and strong aptitude for research.
|Mobile Sensing, Wireless Sensor Networks, Internet of Things, Mobile Healthcare, Environmental Monitoring, Cyber Physical Systems, Real time Communications, Greening through ICT, Semantic Web and related areas.|
- Candidates applying for PhD programmes directly after B.Tech. degree are required to have high GATE scores. In exceptional cases, mostly for candidates with prior work experience, GATE qualification criterion may be waived. GATE qualified candidates having 95 Percentile and above are exempted from the written test. Selection into the programme will be based on the following tests:
- Multiple Choice Questions Written test (waived if valid GATE percentile score is above 95)
- Technical Writing Test (on a research paper/topic provided to the candidate on the day of interview)
- Programming Test (in Java or C)
- Candidates selected for the PhD programme will be eligible for Teaching Assistantship of rupees 35 thousand per month, Tuition Fee Waiver and Hostel Fee Waiver.
- For continuation of Teaching Assistantship, the student’s performance will be judged at regular intervals.
- Final selection will be made on the basis of academic record (including GATE score), relevance of qualification, and performance in written tests and interview. All candidates for PhD programmes are required to submit Statement of Purpose (maximum of 2000 words highlighting his/her expression of interest for one or more of the Offered Research Areas as mentioned above).
- Applicants waiting for the qualifying examination results are also eligible to apply.
How to apply
- Fill PhD CSE Application Form by downloading from http://www.snu.edu.in/pdf/CSE-PhD- ApplicationForm-2014.pdf ;
- Please send the filled and signed application form with the demand draft and self-attested enclosures to the following mailing address with “Ph.D. application for CSE-SNU 2014-15” written on the envelope:
Mr. Ankur Tyagi
Lab Assistant, Computer Science and Engineering
Room No. C-308, School of Engineering
Shiv Nadar University
P.O. Shiv Nadar University
Greater Noida, District Gautam Buddha Nagar UP, 201314
Commencement of application process: 14th October 2014
Last date to receive application form, demand draft and enclosures: 14th November 2014
Exam center and dates: SNU campus (near G. Noida) : on Friday, 21st November 2014
Declaration of results By Friday, 28th November, 2014
Fees deposit & registration Till 10th December 2014
Last date to withdraw admission Till 17th December 2014
Download the notification for complete details: