SHRI MATA VAISHNO DEVI UNIVERSITY
Kakryal, Katra-182320 (J&K)
- Five Year Integrated Dual Degree M.Sc. (Economics) program (2014)
- Two Year MBA program (2014)
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University was established through J&K State Legislature in 1999andstarted admissions in August 2004; I.I.T. pattern; SMVDU is about 40 Kms North of Jammu and 15 kms from the holy town of Katra which is the starting for pilgrimage to Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine.
- UGC recognition as State University under Section 2(f) and 12(B).
- Regular Grants received from UGC.
- Fully residential character (students have to reside in hostels) spread over 450 acres Campus.
- Well stocked Central Library; Virtual Digital Library facility with online catalogue search; Online access to 4000 Journals through AICTE-INDEST consortium including ACM, Springer, IEEE, ASME and Conference Proceedings.
- LCD fitted Classrooms/LTs; 650 network computational terminals, 16 Sun, DELL & IBM servers; Campus network with fiber optics for internet connectivity; Simulation & Design Software; Nationa l Knowledge Network alongwith all IITs, IIMs, NITs etc, interlinked with 1GBPS connectivity
- Campus Shopping Complex; 24 hrs Medical Aid Centre; Yoga Centre; Playgrounds; Gymnasium; Basket-ball/Tennis/Badminton Courts; 2 Banks; Post Office (PIN: 182320); Faculty & staff quarters; State-of-the-art Auditorium with 1000 seating capacity
- Current students’ strength: about 1400; Proposed: 4500 in next few years
- Training & Placements Cell: Majority of students placed through campus placement
- Students’ Annual Cultural/Sports/Technical Events: Titksha, Tatva, Srijan, Resurgence etc.
- Monthly Newsletter: Times@SMVDU (available at www.smvdu.net.in)
- Convocations addressed by: Hon’ble Prime Minister of India (2008), Mr. Narayanmurthy (2009), Hon’ble President of India (2011), Hon’ble Vice President of India (2014)
|Program / Description||Five Year Integrated Dual Degree M.Sc. (Economics) (2014-19)||Two Year MBA program (2014-16)|
|Eligibility||10+2 in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. The candidates appearing for the 10+2 or equivalent examination or those who have appeared in examination and are awaiting result can also apply.||Graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent CGPA. The candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor degree/equivalent examination or those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting result can also apply.|
|Selection||Through valid UNDER GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST (UGAT) score (May 2014) conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) / University Admission Tests (if seats left).||Through valid MAT score (Mav 2014, February 2014, December 2013 and September, 2013) conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA), New Delhi as well as CMAT(2014-15) conducted by AICTE, New Delhi followed by Group Discussion & Personal Interview.|
|Forms Availability||30th April, 2014||31st March, 2014|
|Last date for submission of Applications||16th June, 2014||22nd May, 2014|
How to Apply: The candidates seeking admission in the Five Year Integrated Dual Degree M.Sc. (Economics) and Two Year MBA Program in SMVDU shall have to apply directly to SMVDU alongwith UGAT, CMAT, MAT Score as applicable (if available). The Admission Brochure/Application Form for admission may be downloaded from the University website www.smvdu.net.in. The duly filled & complete form in all respects along with a Demand Draft of Rs 1100/-(One thousand and one hundred only) drawn in favour of REGISTRAR, SHRI MATA VAISHNO DEVI UNIVERSITY and payable at Jammu should be deposited at Public Relations Office, 15-C, II Extension, Gandhi Nagar, (Opposite Bahu Plaza) Jammu, – 180 004 (J&K).
OTHER PROGRAMMES OF SMVDU: B.Tech.. M.Tech. (CSE, ECE, Mech. Engg.), B.Tech. (IBT), M.Sc. & Ph.D. (Bio-Technology), B.Arch., M.Sc. (Physics and Maths), M.A. (English);M. Tech (Energy Mgt. Part Time) & Ph.D.
For more details please visit: www.smvdu.ac.in or http//smvdu.net.in
Leave a Reply