GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA STATE
SCHOOL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
TS TET Cell o/o the Director, SCERT, Opp.E.Gate
LB Stadium Basheerbagh, Hyderabad-500004.
TS-TET Office Telephone: Cell. No. 9133353370, 9133353371
1. Online applications are invited from the eligible candidates who intend to be teachers for classes I to VIII in schools in Telangana State for appearance in the Telangana Teacher Eligibility Test (TS-TET-2017) to be conducted by Department of School Education, Government of Telangana State on 23rd July 2017 in all 31 Districts of the State.
2. In accordance with the provisions of sub – section (1) of section 23 of the Right to Education Act (RTE), 2009, the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) had vide it’s Notification dated 23rd August, 2010 laid down the minimum qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher for classes I to VIII. It had been inter alia provided that one of the essential qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in any of the schools referred to in clause (n) of section 2 of the RTE Act is that she/he should pass the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) which will be conducted by the appropriate Government in accordance with the Guidelines framed by the NCTE. Accordingly, Government of Telangana State has issued guidelines for conducting Teacher Eligibility Test in Telangana State vide G.O cited in the reference above.
3. All candidates who possess D.Ed./ B.Ed. / Language Pandit or equivalent qualifications and candidates pursuing final year of the said courses with requisite percentage of marks obtained as given in the Information Bulletin of TS-TET-2017 and who aspire to become teachers for classes I to VIII in the schools of the State Government, Mandal Parishad, Zilla Parishad Schools
Private Aided Schools and Private unaided schools in Telangana State can appear for TS-TET. The candidates who did not qualify in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd and 4th APTETs and 1st TS-TET 2016 can also apply for the TS-TET-2017. Further, the candidates who got qualified in the earlier TETs can also apply for TS-TET-2017 if they desire improvement over their previous TET score.
Note: “The Government may impose additional qualifications over and above these qualifications specific to a teachers post at the time of the Notification for Teachers Recruitment Test”
4. The TS-TET-2017 will be conducted in 2 papers viz. Paper-I & Paper-II. The candidates who intend to be teachers for classes I to V have to appear for Paper-I and the candidates intend to be teachers for classes VI to VIII have to appear for Paper-II. The candidates who intend to be teachers for all classes from I to VIII can appear for both papers, Paper-I and Paper-II.
5. Date and Timings of TS-TET-2017
TS-TET-2017 will be conducted on 23rd July 2017 (Sunday) in all the 31 Districts of the State. The duration and timings of the test are given below:
Paper-I: 9.30 am to 12.00 noon (duration 2 % hours)
Paper-II: 2.30 pm to 5.00 pm (duration 2 % hours)
6. Fee and submission of Application Online:
The fee prescribed for appearing for TS-TET (including examination fee) is Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two hundred only) for only Paper-I or only Paper-II or both. Candidates can pay the fee through TSonline or Payment Gateway centres between 12.06.2017 to 22.06.2017 and submit online application at the TSTET website http://tstet.cgg.gov.in between 13.06.2017 to 23.06.2017
7. Procedure for submission of application online:
Detailed procedure for applying ONLINE is given in the Information Bulletin. Candidates can download the ‘Information Bulletin’ free of cost from the TS-TET website: http://tstet.cgg.gov.in from 12.06.2017 onwards. Candidates submit their applications online from13.06.2017 to 23.06.2017.
8. Examination Centers for TS-TET 2017:
TS-TET shall be conducted in all the 31 Districts of the State. Candidate can choose any Examination Centre (District) of his choice. However, when the capacity of any particular Examination Centre (District) gets exhausted, that particular Examination Centre (District) will not be displayed in the list of examination centres given in the Online application form. In such case the candidate has to choose the Examination Centre (District) of his/her choice from the remaining list available.
9. Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates at the time of applying for TS-TET 2017 should be in possession of the minimum qualifications prescribed for a teacher for I to V classes (Paper-I) and VI to VIII classes (Paper-II) as given in Information Bulletin.
The candidates who are pursuing final year of any of the Teacher Education Courses recognized by the NCTE or the RCI, as the case may be, and / or the Language Pandit Training Courses can also appear for the TSTET-2017.
However, it is clarified that appearance or a pass in TS-TET by itself will not vest any right in a candidate to be considered for appointment to the post of Teacher in Government / Zilla Parishad / Mandal Parishad / and Private Aided Schools, unless he is in possession of the qualifications prescribed for appointment to such post in the relevant statutory recruitment rules framed by State Government from time to time as on the date prescribed there in for possession of such qualifications.
Leave a Reply