The School of Media and Cultural Studies, Tata Institute of Social Sciences announces two fellowships for film-makers and media practitioners at an early stage of their career. The fellowships are designed to provide the resources and environment for films, websites, multi-media artefacts and other audio-visual media documentation projects that are innovative, relevant and contribute to the growing body of documentary, audio-visual and new media work in India. The fellowships are supported by a grant from the Jamsetji Tata Trust.
The fellowship consists of:
* A stipend of Rs. 25,000 per month for a maximum period of eight months.
* The provision of in-house editing facilities, available in Mumbai for the fellows.
* Reimbursement of actuals of production expenses on the basis of a pre-approved budget. Maximum budgetory allotment for production is Rs. 2.50 lakhs.
In order to be considered for the fellowship applicants are required to provide:
* A detailed curriculum vitae
* Up to two non-returnable samples of work on DVD/VCD.
* An essay outlining the film proposal in not more than 2000 words. This essay should include: a working title for the film,
language, the central theme of the film, approach to the content and narrative style, possible visual segments.
* A production schedule with a detailed time frame for: research and script, cinematography, editing to rough cut, editing to final cut, submission of all material.
* A budget for other production expenses (e.g. travel, field expenses, payments to other professionals etc.). Please note that the
fellowship does not support any infrastructural costs such as setting up of an office, buying of equipment, or per diem costs.
* Names and contact details of two referees, preferably from the field of media, whom we will contact for a reference if needed.
Last date for receipt of applications is 31 July 2014.
For more details, visit: http://smcs.tiss.edu/fellowship/2014-15/