The TOEFL® Scholarship Program in India is open to any student residing in India who starts an undergraduate or graduate degree program between June 2015 and May 2016 at a college or university listed in the TOEFL® Destination Search.
Ten scholarships valued at US$7,000 each.
India scholarship funds will be disbursed to the winners’ universities in late 2015. Funds can be applied to academic expenses only and will be disbursed after the student has arrived on campus.
The competition is in two stages. To be eligible for this award, you must:
- reside in India
- start an undergraduate or graduate degree program between June 2015 and May 2016 at a college or university listed in the TOEFL Destination Search
- hold a grade point average of 80 or higher on a 100-point scale, or a 3.0 grade point average or higher on a 4-point scale
- demonstrate English proficiency with a valid TOEFL score
- complete the initial application by August 3, 2015
Based on the initial applications, 100 semifinalists will be selected. Semifinalists must exhibit:
- an outstanding ability to communicate
- demonstrated leadership skills
- well-rounded extracurricular activities, especially including community service
- innovative ideas as reflected in essays
Note: Transfer students are not eligible for the TOEFL Scholarship Program in India.
Complete the initial application online. The deadline for the initial application is August 3, 2015. If selected as a semifinalist, you will be notified and will be required to submit additional information, which is due on September 8, 2015. Please use program key “TIndia” to access the TOEFL Scholarship application for India.
For more details, visit: https://www.ets.org/toefl/scholarships/india/