The UNERA International Fee & Stipend Scholarship is funded by the University of New England and provides tuition fees and a living allowance stipend to top quality international candidates who wish to enroll in a doctoral degree at the University.
The current scholarship round opens on 19 August 2014 and closes on 30 September 2014. Applications are extremely competitive and are assessed on academic merit and research potential.
The main objectives of the UNERA International Fee & Stipend Scholarship are to:
- attract top quality international postgraduate students to areas of research strength in the University of New England; and
- support Australia’s research effort by enhancing research capacity in areas of strategic importance. Eligibility
To be eligible for UNERA International Fee & Stipend Scholarship, you must:
- Be an international student commencing full time internal enrolment in a three-year doctoral program at UNE.
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within its designated five thematic research priorities.
- Not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree.
- Not be receiving other scholarships for which course tuition or a living allowance is being provided.
Stipend: AU$25,392 (2014 rate) per annum tax free for full-time internal students, paid in fortnightly installments.
Maximum Duration: Three years full-time for a doctoral degree.
How to Apply: To apply, please complete the International Student Scholarship Application Form. Please indicate on the form that you are applying for a UNERA International Fee & Stipend Scholarship. Applications are only accepted during advertised Scholarship Round dates.
Detailed instructions on how to submit are included on the form. Please make sure all required documentation is attached, or your application may not be considered.
- All applicants must provide two referee reports. The University will not request reports on your behalf.
- Referees must be qualified to speak with knowledge about your work during the qualification most relevant to this application and on your capacity for research. If you are also basing this application on relevant work experience/training, at least one of your referees must be able to comment on your relevant experience.
You must also provide contact details of your referees on this application form and ask them to submit their written reports directly to the University on the Referee Report Form.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact the Research Services Directorate via the AskUNE HDR interface at: https://hdr.custhelp.com/