University of Calcutta
Department of Chemical Technology
Admission to Ph.D.(Tech) Programme (RET 2015)
in Ceramic Engineering, Petrochemicals & Petroleum Refinery Engg., Pharmaceutical & Fine Chemical Tech.
Total Number of Seats: 09
Ceramic Engg – 03
Petrochem. & Petroleum Refinery Engg – 01
Oil Technology – 01
Pharmaceutical & Fine Chemical Tech. – 04
Reservation in admission shall strictly abide by the West Bengal State Higher Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Rules, 2013.
Eligibility: The eligibility of the candidate will be as per UGC rules.
- Candidates having degree in Bachelor of Technology or Master of Science (without NET/SET/SLET/GATE) securing 55% marks (selection through Entrance Test & Interview);
- Candidates having degree in Master of Technology or Equivalent or Master of Science (with NET/SET/SLET/GATE) securing 55% marks (Selection through Interview only).
- The Ph.D. Entrance test will be of 50 marks (duration 1 hr.) consisting of both Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and short questions.
- The Syllabus for the Entrance Test and subsequent list of the successful candidates will be available in the Departmental Notice Board (near the room of the HOD, Ground floor, Applied Chemistry Building).
- The successful candidates will have to appear for an interview for final selection.
- Declaration of names of selected candidates to be notified later (Subject to approval by the Honorable Vice Chancellor)
- Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 17th June, 2015
- Date of Entrance Test: 19th June, 2015 (12:00 Noon)
- Publication of List of successful Candidates: Display in the Notice Board
- Date of Interview: 23rd June, 2015 (2 p.m. onwards)
- For Entrance Test: Departmental Seminar Room ( 2nd floor, Applied Chemistry Building)
- For Interview : Room of the HOD, Department of Chemical Technology(Ground Floor, Applied Chemistry Building)
All Candidates are requested to download the Application Form from the university website and to submit the filled up Application Form, Attested copy of relevant mark sheets, along with the receipt of deposition of Application Fee within the due date to the Head, Department of Chemical Technology, 92 Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Kolkata – 700009.
For more details, visit: http://www.caluniv.ac.in/admission/phd_chemtech_2015.html
Leave a Reply