University of Calcutta
Senate House, 87 /1 College Street
Kolkata-700 073, WB
Phone : 033 2241 0071
Advt. No.: ITRA/1/2013 Date: December 12, 2013
Applications in plain paper are invited from Indian citizens for the following post to work in a project funded by Information Technology Research Academy (ITRA), Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Govt. of India.
|Sl. No.||Name and Number of the post and salary/fellowship||Qualifications required||Name of the Project|
|1.||Junior Research Fellow (purely on temporary basis); – 04 Nos.
Fellowship (Per Month):
(ii) Rs.20,000/- + 30%HRA p.m.+ Rs. 100/- M.A. for last One year.
|M.E. / M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering / Software Engineering / Information Technology with minimum 6.5 CGPA or 60% marks from any recognized Institute/University
B.E./B.Tech in CSE / IT or MCA with valid NET / GATE score and with minimum 7.0 CGPA or 65% marks from any recognized Institute / University
Other Desirable Requirements: Good Programming skill, publication in SCI Indexed Journals and/or ERA Rank B or above category conference proceedings in the area of Systems Software, Software Engineering or Cloud Computing.
|“Remote Health: A Framework for Healthcare Services using Mobile and Sensor-Cloud Technologies” (Ref. No. ITRA/15(59)/Mobile/RemoteHe alth/06) in collaboration with Jadavpur University, Kolkata; NIT, Durgapur, BESU, Shibpur, KIIT, Bhubaneswer and FGIET, Raebareli.|
Note: The post is purely temporary in nature but the selected candidates have to register for Ph.D. in the University of Calcutta, after clearing the institutional admission procedure.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are advised to send their curriculum vitae giving full particulars of Educational Qualifications along with attested copies of the mark sheets and certificates, Experience, Publications, Research Interests etc. to Dr. Nabendu Chaki, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, University of Calcutta, 92 A P C Road, Kolkata – 700009, West Bengal by post and e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) with advt. no. as the subject line within January 6, 2014. Sort listed candidates, date of interview other essential information will be notified on the web site after January 12, 2014.
Terms and Conditions:
- Selected candidates are expected to play a major role in the fundamental research, simulation and implementation activities related to the project in collaboration with the other involved Institutes/Universities.
- Financial assistance for attending Team meetings, Focus area meetings, ITRA meetings, National conferences etc. will be funded from the project whenever scheduled.
- The applications will be screened and short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
- The above position is purely temporary, and is for a period of Three (03) Years / End of Project but subject to condition of the candidate performance (Performance will be evaluated for every six months). Selected candidates will not be entitled to claim for regular appointments/absorption in this institute.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- Candidates called for interview should bring all the original mark-sheets, certificates etc.
- Applications reaching after specified time may not ordinarily be entertained.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature.
Download the official notification: