UNIVERSITY OF CALICUT
(DIRECTORATE OF SELF FINANCING COURSES)
Calicut University. P.O, 673 635
Applications are invited for admission to the B.Ed. course (under self – financing scheme) in the Calicut University Teacher Education Centres at Vatakara, Chakkittapara, Calicut, Kaniyambetta, Sulthan Bathery, Manjeri, Malappuram, Koduvayur, Aranattukara, Valapad and Nattika for the year 2014-15, in the following optional subjects.
I. Vatakara: 1. Mathematics 2. Commerce 3. Social Science 4. English 5. Physical Science 6. Hindi
II. Chakkittapara: 1. Commerce 2. Social Science 3. Malayalam 4. English 5. Mathematics
III. Calicut: 1. Mathematics 2. Physical Science 3. Arabic 4. Malayalam 5. Commerce 6. Natural Science
IV. Kaniyambetta: 1. Physical Science 2. English 3. Natural Science 4. Social Science 5. Malayalam
V. Sulthan Bathery: 1. Malayalam 2. Social Science 3. Commerce 4. Mathematics 5. English
VI. Manjeri: 1. Urdu 2. Natural Science 3. Mathematics 4. Social Science 5. Malayalam 6. Physical Science
VII. Malappuram: 1. Commerce 2. Social Science 3. Mathematics 4. Physical Science 5. Arabic 6. English
VIII. Koduvayur (Palakkad): 1. Tamil 2. Physical Science 3. Social Science 4. Mathematics 5. Commerce
IX. Aranattukara (Thrissur): 1. English 2. Physical Science 3. Natural Science 4. Commerce 5. Malayalam 6. Mathematics
X. Valapad: 1. Social Science 2. Physical Science 3. English 4. Malayalam 5. Sanskrit
XI. Nattika: 1. Commerce 2. Mathematics 3. Social Science
Eligibility for admission
I. For optional subjects:
i) B. A/B. Sc/M.Com Degree of the University of Calicut or a degree recognized as equivalent thereto under 10+2+3 pattern with minimum 50% marks in Part III or Masters Degree in the same subject with minimum 50% marks. However, B. A/B. Sc degree holders under Liberalized Scheme of this University are also eligible to apply.
ii) SC/ST candidates, natives of Lakshadweep and applicants under Teacher Quota need only a pass in the Degree examination.
iii) Relaxation of 5% marks for OBC and OEC candidates will be allowed from the minimum required marks.
II. Candidates shall opt as optional subject for the B. Ed course only the main subject in which they have passed the B.A/ B. Sc. degree with the following exemptions.
a) Graduates in History/Geography/Economics/Political Science/Islamic History/Sociology/Philosophy/Psychology/West Asian Studies will be eligible for admission to B.Ed. Course with Social Science as optional subject.
b) Graduates in Statistics with Mathematics as one of the subsidiary subjects and candidates possessing B. Sc. Applied Statistics Degree will be eligible for admission to B. Ed. Course with Mathematics as optional subject.
c) Graduates in Home Science/Geology with Physics/Chemistry as subsidiary subjects will be eligible for admission to Physical Science and those with Botany/Zoology/Life Science as subsidiary subjects will be eligible for admission with Natural Science as optional Subject for the B.Ed. Course.
d) Candidates possessing B. Sc. Bio-Chemistry and B. Sc. Plant Science will be eligible for admission to Natural Science optional.
e) Candidates possessing B. Sc. Polymer Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry Degree will be considered for admission to Physical Science optional.
f) Candidates possessing B. Sc. Agricultural Degree with Bio-Chemistry and Zoology as subsidiaries will be eligible for admission to Natural Science optional.
g) Candidates possessing B. A. Functional English Degree will be eligible for B. Ed. admission in English optional.
1. Candidates are directed to download application form and prospectus from the Calicut University official website (www.universityofcalicut.info) and fill up the application carefully after reading the prospectus.
2. Candidates are advised to send only one application for considering their admission in any Teacher Education Centres under this University.
3. The candidates should attach self attested copies of:
ii. B. A/B. Sc /M.Com Mark list/Consolidated Grade Card.
iii. Qualifying Degree Certificate/Provisional Certificate
iv. Nativity certificate for those candidates belong to the jurisdiction of Calicut University
v. SC/ST/OEC/LC/SIUC/OBH candidates may submit community certificate issued by competent authority
vi. Income certificate should be produced by ETB/Muslim candidates
vii. TC and Conduct Certificate.
4. A candidate should remit Rs.100/- towards the cost of application (Rs.50/- in the case of SC/ST) in favour of Finance Officer, University of Calicut and should forward the original chalan along with filled in application. The fee can be remitted at:
i) Calicut University Fee Counter at Tagore Niketan.
ii) Friends Janasevanakendram / Akshaya Centres within the territorial jurisdiction of University of Calicut.
iii) University Information Centres.
iv) SBT e-Chalan
5. The completed application should be addressed to The Chief Co-ordinator, University Teacher Education Centres, Tagore Nikethan, Calicut University (P.O), Kerala – 673635 on or before 30-08-2014.
6. The rank list along with the time and date of interview will be published in the Calicut University Official Website and this will be informed the candidates through leading news papers.
Name and Address of Calicut University Teacher Education Centres
1. Vatakara : University Teacher Education Centre, Puthuppanam P.O., Vatakara. Kozhikode Dist. Pin -673 105. Ph: (0496) 2515920.
2. Chakkittapara : University Teacher Education Centre, Near Chakkittapara Grama Panchayat Office, Via Kayanna, Kozhikode Dist. Pin – 673 526. Ph: (0496) 2662402.
3. Calicut : University Teacher Education Centre, Big Bazaar, Calicut. Kozhikode Dist. Pin – 673 001. Ph: (0495) 2701355
4. Kaniyambetta : University Teacher Education Centre, Kaniyambetta, Wayanad Dist, Pin – 673 124.Ph:(04936) 286823
5. Sulthan Bathery : University Teacher Education Centre, Poomala (P.O), Sulthan Bathery, Wayanad Dist. Pin – 673 592. Ph:(04936) 227221
6. Manjeri : University Teacher Education Centre, Cherani, Karuvambram P.O, Manjeri, Malappuram Dist., Pin – 676 123. Ph:(0483) 2762222
7. Malappuram : University Teacher Education Centre, Karattuparamba, Padinhattummuri.P.O, Koottilangadi (Via), Malappuram Dist. Pin – 676 506.Ph.(04933) 240450
8. Koduvayur : University Teacher Education Centre, Near Mini Industrial Estate, Koduvayur P.O. Palakkad Dist, Pin – 678 501. Ph: (04923) 252556
9. Aranattukara : University Teacher Education Centre, Dr.John Matthai Centre, Aranattukara P.O, Thrissur Dist Pin – 680 618. Ph: 0487-2382977
10.Valapad : University Teacher Education Centre, Near Thirupazhanchery Temple, Valapad P.O, Thrissur Dist, Pin – 680 567. Ph (0487) 2399963
11. Nattika : University Teacher Education Centre, Govt. Fisheries Higher Secondary School Campus, Nattika, Thrissur. Dist, Pin – 680 566. Ph: (0487) 2398055
Leave a Reply