(Engineering, Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test) (on behalf of APSCHE)
1. Entrance Test:
1.1 A Common Entrance Test, designated as Engineering. Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test – 2010 (EAMCET – 2010) of Andhra Pradesh will be conducted (as per G.O.Ms.No. 16 Edn., (EC) Department DI25/2/2004 and its amendments) by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad for entry into the first year of the following professional courses offered for the academic year 2010-2011 in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
a) B E/B Tech courses
b) B.V.Sc and AH/B.Sc (Ag)/B.Sc (Hort)/B.F.Sc/B.Tech (FS&T)/B.Sc (CA&BM) courses
c) MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BHMS/BNYS courses
d) B. Pharm / B.Tech. (Bio-Technology) and Pharm-D (Doctor of Pharmacy) courses.
2.1 The minimum qualification to appear for EAMCET-2010 is:
a) A pass in the Intermediate Examination or appearance at 2nd year Intermediate Examination (10 + 2 pattern) conducted by the A.P Board of Intermediate Education (BIE), with appropriate optional subjects or its equivalent thereto recognized by BIE, AP.
b) A pass at Diploma examination or appearance at the final year Diploma Examination in Engineering conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, A.P. or its equivalent thereto. Diploma candidates are eligible to apply for B.E/B.Tech./ B.Pharm courses only. Diploma in pharmacy are eligible to apply for Pharm-D course.
2.2 In case of such students who appear for the entrance Test, pending result of their qualifying examination, their entry shall be subject to their securing a pass in the said qualifying examination
2.3 Candidates should be of Indian nationality or Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders.
2.4 Candidates should belong to the State of Andhra Pradesh as defined in the A.P. Educational Institutions (regulations for admission) order 1974 and its amendments (vide G-O.P.No. 646 dated 10-7-79 of Education (W) Department).
3. Detailed information regarding eligibility, age, and syllabi etc.. Is given in the “Instruction Booklet”, supplied along with the application form.
4. Requisition for the Application form:
4.1 Candidates with Mathematics Physics. Chemistry as optional subjects in their Intermediate or its equivalent course should submit “E” category application for Engineering B.E/B.Tech/B.Tech. (Ag. Engg.)/B Teen (Dairy Technology)/B.Tech.(FST) / B.Sc.(CA&BM) (MPC) / B.Pharm. (MPC)/Pharm-D (MPC) courses.
4.2 Candidates with Biology, Physics and Chemistry as optional subjects in their intermediate or its equivalent course should submit “AM” category application for B.Sc. (Ag.) / B.Sc. (Hort.) / B V Sc. & AH / B.F.Sc. / B.Tech. (FST) / B.Sc. (CA&BM) / MBBS / BDS / BAMS / BHMS / BNYS / B Pharm / B.Tech. (Bio-Technology) (Bi.P.C.) / Pharm-D (Bi.P.C) courses.
4.3 Eligible candidates who intend to seek admission to both the courses in 4.1 and 4.2 have to submit “E” and “AM” category applications.
4.4 Applications form together with the enclosures including the “Instruction Booklet” can be had in person (not by post) on payment of Rs. 250/-(this amount covers the cost of application, fees for entrance test, and towards Service charges) at all e-Seva centres within the state of Andhra Pradesh and designated main branches of Andhra bank outlets given below till 15-04-2010.
Adilabad: Adilabad, Mancherial. Anantapur: Anantapur, Hindupur, Dharmavaram, Guntakal. Chittoor: Chittoor, Chandragiri, Snkalahasti. Tirupati, S.V.University, Balaji Colony ( Tirupati), Kuppam, Madanapali. East Godavarl: Amalapuram, Razole, Mandapet, Rajahmundry, Kothapet, Samalkot, Kakinada, Ramachandrapuram, Tuni. Guntur: Arundelpet, Koretapadu, Patnam Bazar, Mangalagiri, Sattenapali, Chilakaluripet, Narasaraopet, Tenali, Bapatla, Repalle. Hyderabad: Khairatabad, Sanath Nagar, Vidyanagar, Dilsukhnagar, Kachiguda, Jubilee Hills, Saifabad, JNTU(Kukatpally), Mehadipatnam. Kadapa: Kadapa, Proddutur, Pulivendula, Rajampet. Karimnagar: Karimnagar, Peddapaili, Huzurabad, Jagitial. Khammam: Khammam, Kothagudem, Bhadrachalam. Krishna: Vijayawada, Governerpet(Vijayawada), Eluru Road(Vijayawada), Patamata(Vijayawada), Gudivada, Nuzivid, Machilipatnam. Kurnool: Kurnool, Adoni, Nandyal, Allagadda. Mahaboobnagar: Mahaboobnagar, Gadwal, Jadcherla, Wanaparthy. Medak: Medak, Siddipet, Sangareddy, Zahlrabad, R.C.Puram. Nalgonda: Nalgonda, Janagaon, Miryalaguda, Bhongir, Suryapet. Nellore: Nellore, Kavali, Gudur, Dargamitta. Nizamabad: Nizamabad, Kamareddy, Armoor. Prakasam: Ongole, Chirala, Kanigiri, Kandukur, Markapur. Rangareddy: Vikarabad. Secundrabad: R P Road, Tirumalgherry, West Maredpally, Prakash nagar(Begumpet). Srikakulam: Srikakulam, Amadalvalasa, Tekkali. Visakhapatnam: Visakhapatnam, Maharanipet, Waltair, Anakapalii, Chodavaram, Narsipatnam, Daba Gardens, Gajuvaka. Vizianagaram: Vizianagaram, Parvatipuram, Bobbiii. Warangal: Warangal, Hanumakonda, Parkal, Nakkalagutta, Mahabubabad. West Godavari: Eluru, Jangareddygudem, Tadepalligudem, Kowur, Bhimavaram, Altlli, Palakollu, Tanuku.
5. As per GO. Ms. No. 165 dated 06-09-2007 and GO Ms No. 8 (Amendment to the GO. Ms. No 16) Higher Education Department, dated 27-01-2009. the candidates who have secured qualifying marks in EAMCET and candidates belonging to the category of Scheduled Caste and Schedule Tribe, for whom qualifying marks have not been prescribed, shall be assigned ranking in the order of merit on the basis of combined score obtained by giving 75% weightage to the marks secured in EAMCET and 25% weightage to the marks secured m the relevant group subjects namely Mathematics or Biology, Physics, Chemistry of the qualifying examination.
6. However as per G.O Ms No. 181 dated 21-05-2008 of Health Medical and Family Welfare (El) Department for admission into MBBS/BDS courses on the basis of Competitive entrance examination, a candidate for admission to those courses must have obtained not less than 50% marks in physics. Chemistry and Biology taken together both at qualifying and EAMCET examination. In respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/BC must have obtained not less than 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together both at qualifying and EAMCET examination.
As per the Gazette of India Extraordinary under Part-Ill Rule No. 7(2) for admission into BV.Sc & AH Courses on the basis of competitive entrance examination, a candidate under General Category for admission to this course must have obtained 50% marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in their qualifying examination. In respect of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe or other special category of student as specified by the Government from time to time, marks required for admission shall be 10% less man that prescribed for general category.
7. How to submit Filled in Application Form:
EAMCET – 2010 application may be submitted online or offline. For details refer to item VIII of “Instruction Booklet’ (available on www.apeamcet.org) for Engineering (E) and Agriculture & Medicine (AM) Categories of applicators.
8. Dale of Entrance Test: 30-05-2010
9. Test Timings:
For Engineering Stream (E) 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
For Medicine Stream (AM) 02.30 PM to 5:30PM
10. Sale and Receipt of Application forms:
a) Date of commencement of Sale and receipt of applications forms:
b) Last date for sale of applications: 15-04-2010 (At all the e-Seva centers and Andhra Bank outlets)
c) Sale of applications at convener’s office, Hyderabad: From:16-04-2010 to 27-05-2010.
Last Dates for submission of filled-in applications:
Without Late Fee: 03-04-2010
*With a Late fee of Rs. 500/-: 09-04-2010
*With a Late fee of Rs. 1,000/-: 15-04-2010
**With a Late fee of Rs. 5,000/-: 10-05-2010
**With a Late fee of Rs. 10,000/-***: 27-05-2010
*Filled in application will be received at Conveners Office only.
**Application has to be submitted in person at Convener’s Office only
***Test Centre will be allotted at Hyderabad / Secunderabad only.
For details regarding online submission please visit our website: ttp://www.apeamcet.org.
11. The late fee and online submission application fee must be in the form of Demand Draft on any nationalized bank payable at Hyderabad, in favor of the Secretary, Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education.
12. Filled m Application should be submitted to the Regional Coordinator in person as mentioned in the Instruction Booklet or to The Convener, EAMCET – 2010, Examination Building, Ground Floor, J NT University Hyderabad, Kukatpally, Hyderabad- 500 085 by Regd. Post
13 In their own interest, candidates are advised to submit the application online or submit the filled in applications to the concerned regional coordinators in person only, or send it to the convener EAMCET – 2010 by Regd. Post well in advance of the last date prescribed for submission of application without late fee to avoid delays. Convener shall not be responsible for any postal delay or loss of application during transit.
1. This is only a Notification and not a prospectus.
2. This notification and instructions for submission of application are also available at EAMCET website: http://www apeamcet.org.